Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #1

Newbie needs any advice on K100D

Hi there, anyone with this great camera who would share any tips, help, advice, expertise would be appreciated, I just bought my first DSLR today.
I got the camera, 18-55/50-200 plus some extras for 650.00, plus a five year Mack warranty, and 150.00 in rebates on the kit purchase. Sounds pretty good....huh? I gather this will suffice for me the beginner for awhile....huh? I was looking at the SonyApha100 and the Nikon D40 and the Olympus E500, I loved the price on mine, plus the anti-shake, plus I gather this camera can use many pentax lenses that can be had for great prices....please email me at: rvguy333@yahoo.com and share any and all expertise. Thanks
Tom

07-09-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats on your purchase rvguy.

I love mine.

Yes they can use any Pentax Lenses, although you might have to change 1 or 2 settings for some manual lenses. Try looking in the FAQ section if the time ever comes, and if you can't find it just ask.

You need an adapter for screw mount lenses.

The only tip that I can offer is have fun with it.

I started out using the automatic modes, and then tried something different every few days until I eventually switched to full manual shooting.

The truth is that it's often tough to improve on the pictures shot in Auto (although not impossible)
07-10-2007, 03:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The hardest thing about using this camera is keeping your checkbook in your pocket.

Have fun!
07-10-2007, 04:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Read these articles. They're very easy to understand and consider them a crash course on photography. Pay special attention to "understanding exposure" parts.

Second advice is go out, take pics, post them here and ask for advice on if/what can be improved.

Good luck

Deni

07-10-2007, 05:09 AM   #5
and
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rvguy Quote
Hi there, anyone with this great camera who would share ....please email me at: rvguy333@yahoo.com and share any and all expertise.
Thats kinda weird, why ask for an email rather than replies here. thats what the forum is for.
07-10-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
The hardest thing about using this camera is keeping your checkbook in your pocket.

Have fun!
That's gotta be the funiest thing that I've read in a long time Mike, and yet so true