Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's hard to say what you think is unusual about those picturs. They are taken at very different focal lengths andd very different distances to subject. And as you should know if you've read up on DOF, those are just as important as aperture in determining DOF. Offhand, I don't see anything I don't expect to see. The images shot with shorter focal lengths, at smaller apertures, or at greater distances have more DOF; the ones shot with longer focal lengths, larger apertures, or shorter distances have less DOF. There is nothing at all out of place that I can see in those shots.

As for focus, you can select which sensor gets used, but the sensor is pretty big. there is no wy to tell the camera which branch of a tree to focus on in settings like this. At msot, you can select which tree, but you can't pinpoint focus by selecting a focus point. To do that, you need manual focus.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cameras, depth, f-stop, f-stops, field, k-x, lens, opinion, pentax help, photography, quality