Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Once again, *every single Pentax DSLR with SR* does this. Every single one, no exceptions whatseover.
I just upgraded from my old k100-D to the k-7 and the first question I asked the seller was, 'what is the clunk? Is this normal??' because my k100-D most definitely did NOT have any clunk whatsoever. I was a bit worried and hadn't read each line of the very thick manual to find out if it was mentioned somewhere.

I had just received it and it didn't seem at all normal to me but I am relieved to find out that it is fine. I feel very lucky since I got this camera at a huge discount on the usual auction site and it is in absolutely pristine condition, including every item in the box.

10-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I must be a total geek. When it comes to anything mechanical I usually read the manuals before I even shop to decide whether or not I even want to buy the item. Seriously, I can't even consider buying anything like that sans a quick scope of the manual first. I've got the K-x, K-r, K-5 and K-7 manuals on my computer as I type. I'd never try to use one without really reading the manual with the camera in hand, all the way through at least once.

QuoteOriginally posted by redeleon Quote
you're not alone... I read the manual extensively for every piece of gear that I have..
and the moment I experienced that shake.. I knew it was the SR
10-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #33
Inactive Account

Ha, I'm glad this is the first post I've seen in the beginner's corner! I just got my first Pentax DSLR in the mail today and the box was mangled so the first thing I did was inspect the camera. When I turned it over to check the bottom for damage, the first thing I noticed was the clunk! I dismissed it since everything seems to work but I'm glad to get confirmation that it's normal!
11-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #34

I won't worry about it, not after reading this postings I will just check the out side for damage. Thanks

11-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #35

very good tread. Congratulations
01-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by archaeomanda Quote
Ha, I'm glad this is the first post I've seen in the beginner's corner! I just got my first Pentax DSLR in the mail today and the box was mangled so the first thing I did was inspect the camera. When I turned it over to check the bottom for damage, the first thing I noticed was the clunk! I dismissed it since everything seems to work but I'm glad to get confirmation that it's normal!
Same as above!!!

Thanks to this post, I was a little bit worried.

Btw! I have never seen a manual printed so small.
01-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #37
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cybbe Quote
Same as above!!!

Thanks to this post, I was a little bit worried.

Btw! I have never seen a manual printed so small.
I was just glad to see a manual. Half the stuff you buy now doesn't have one.

01-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #38
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When you get old like me, you don't even hear it, so no problem.

Also, I can still remember the bloody debate of May 2009 on this site, where 25% of the users here described it as a clunk. 25% as a click. 25% as a ping. 24% as a ka-clink.

And the remaining 1%, of which I was a part and who didn't hear anything.
02-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #39

Just used my new K-r recently this weekend and experienced the clunk. My K-x never makes the noise, but I'm glad that this is relatively normal.
03-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #40

Welcome to the forum, allenmark!

QuoteOriginally posted by allenmark Quote
I'm really new to this forum and I think I really will enjoy staying here.
04-29-2011, 12:13 AM   #41
Inactive Account

I must admit, this sound is quite annoying. It's not only sound, you can also feel the slight strokes inside with your hand while holding the camera and walking around... I also own a sony, which also has sensor shift stabilization, and nothing of this kind of problem exists there... So I was just wondering why did Pentax have to make their sensor shift to wobble inside, giving us a feeling camera was damaged?
04-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #42
Veteran Member

My son 24 hears the clunk, me 64, nothing, just a slight vibration.
08-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #43

So I know about the clunking but Im not sure my problem is normal..Just took out my camera to take some shots, no matter what I do my pics are blurry. While trying to figure out why I put it into live view, the live view is showing my subject but is shaking wildly. I took my lens off and the sensor was shaking the entire time. I take it off LV and the noise stops but the sensor is still moving and my pics are horribly blurry....I feel its stuck in dust removal mode all the time for some reason...Please help!

Last edited by 96p993; 08-03-2011 at 12:13 PM.
08-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #44

I'd RMA it if you can. Definitely should not be blurry or make so much noise all the time.
08-26-2011, 11:03 PM   #45
Banned

Wow, I thought it was the batteries in my K-x.