Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No appraisal necessary - I just turn in receipts and serial numbers for each item I want covered. They didn't bat an eye at a printed receipt from a paypal transaction. It's a replacement value policy, BTW, so the amounts I paid for the items are used to calculate premiums, but shoudl a loss occur, they'll do their own determination of how much it will cost to replace it. They explicit acknowledge that the replacement cost might be more or might be less than what I paid for it.

BTW, State Farm won't cover my music gear under this same policy because I am a professional and use it in bars sometimes. But photo gear used by pros is fine - they just charge a bit more for the coverage.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bag, camera, investment, lenses, pentax help, photography, security