Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2010, 06:49 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Brick and Mortar Store

I live in the Baltimore Suburbs and can not find a single camera store that sells Pentax DSLRs. I asked Pentax on line and got no help. Does anyone know where the closest retail store that sells Pentax equipment? I hate to think that I need to travel all the way to New York City to try out a lens or flash. Buying mailorder is Okay but returning stuff is a royal pain.

Thanks,

Bob

03-26-2010, 07:55 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Bob Quote
I live in the Baltimore Suburbs and can not find a single camera store that sells Pentax DSLRs. I asked Pentax on line and got no help. Does anyone know where the closest retail store that sells Pentax equipment? I hate to think that I need to travel all the way to New York City to try out a lens or flash. Buying mailorder is Okay but returning stuff is a royal pain.

Thanks,

Bob
Bob,

It is frustrating finding anything at retail stores when you get a Pentax. However, most "Camera" stores have the lenses, both used and new. I found in my area that when you visit a camera store and you tell them you have a Pentax, they will roll their eyes at you. But they have the lenses that will work new on the shelf, and if you ask, they will generally go in the back and come out with several used, older (sometimes great) manual lenses for Pentax. Here is a link to the google maps view for camera stores in your area: camera - Google Maps
03-26-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, Bob.

People are different, but for me, I have no problem buying online, because I've done all my research online.

I understand that people are particular about how the camera feels, but since I was committed to Pentax (a lot of old lenses), my choices were K7 and KX, and because of budget, my choice was KX.

Case closed, and a trip to the store wasn't going to change anything.
03-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #4

store around dc

there is a store by dulles airport in NoVa. I cant remember the name but the serach engine in the pentax website shows it.
g