Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hæ, new to Pentax, few K-x / lens questions {:

Hiyaa, bit of a combination of introduction / question thread going on here, will try not to ramble on too much though =p

Saving up for a Pentax K-x white [Looks lovely]

Going to be using it for variety of different photography styles but also, wish to use it for recording [Various YouTube blogging stuff, general life footage, artistic montages, reviews etc] -- I know this splits the DSLR community in two, however...

Have watched just about every Pentax K-x video sample on YouTube, have noticed a few in poor light have noise [Tis only natural, nothing against the K-x]

A lot of people who have practically no noise in their footage use low aperture number lenses [1.2, 1.4, 1.7] etc -- Not fussed whether it's manual or auto [Found a great guide on using manual lenses here -- Shooting manual lenses on Pentax DSLRs « robertsdonovan.com [Think I even found it through this forum... but anyway]]

If anyone's got some suggestions for wide aperture lenses that I'm likely to find on eBay it would be HUGELY appreciated, have searched eBay a few times for 'Pentax 50mm 1.4' and 1.7 and not found much, not too knowledgeable about the other lens companies -- Thanks (:

Currently I don't have an actual camera, have to make do with me phone instead

[Removed]

Last edited by Maroon Hare; 04-01-2010 at 03:28 AM.
03-31-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lou, this intro sounds a little more like a plug for your camera phones.
If you're happy with these, then you may as well stick with a point and shoot camera.
You will find a whole new perspective in the world of dSLR photography, and the K-x is just about the best entry-level camera available. It can create artwork not possible with your camera phones and is fast and responsive - just not as compact.

Enjoy your journey and welcome.
03-31-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

if your looking for wide aperture and don't need auto focus or any other aperture then you can look into M42 screw mount lens. Some can be had for low prices. Fast lens can get pretty expensive for the K mount. You can look for pentax-m lens 1.4 and 1.7 they are sub 100$ usually. Like I said before. M42 screw mount can even less. Takumar are very good lens and Fujica is also respectable.
04-01-2010, 03:31 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Heh sorry, got a bit carried away with the photo links, have removed em for ya, didn't mean ta cause trouble (:

@Qwerty, cheers mate, have a look on the ol' eBay later on for a few of those, can't wait to have a proper camera for once (LL)

04-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

If you do go the M42 route you'll need a screwmount to k-mount adapter. The Pentax branded one is best. PentaxWebstore Mount Adapter K(35m m Screwmount to Bayonet)

My recommendation would be a Pentax M 50mm 1.4. You'll spend around $120.00 but get a timeless lens.
04-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Agreed with epqwerty's comment on the M42 mount lenses. These cheap lens can be found aboundantly in ebay.

Good luck in looking for them.
04-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #7

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I plan to get some M42 mount lenses, but i will need the adapter. Is there an order to use lenses with adapter? (i mean put lens in adapter then in camera or put adapter in camera then the lenses)