Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
All those lights in the display are there to give you a good feeling. Despite this, the camera is focusing on only one thing. It's a law of optics.
In the bright world of the future, our 'lenses' will be composed of microlens-mirror matrices, each of which can focus on an individual portion of the image. Work has been done on such, with devices announced that can infinitely shift focus AFTER the image is captured. When will this hit the market? Don't hold your breath. Until then, we must abide by optical reality. Bother.
300,000 km per sec
It's not just a good idea;
IT'S THE LAW!

04-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Why has nobody asked about camera setup , ISO , capture mode etc?
04-12-2010, 04:42 AM   #33
Pentaxian

I assume from all this that the Kx does have a nice little red square in the viewfinder to show what the camera is focusing on? A retrograde step from Pentax from the *ist and earlier K models.
Regardless of multipoint focusing being available, I find recomposing (as I have been doing since Practica IV and Konica Autoreflex days) the most satisfying.
04-12-2010, 05:04 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
I assume from all this that the Kx does have a nice little red square in the viewfinder to show what the camera is focusing on?
No it does not. Same as the K-m. But it has the hex in the info line that lights up when focus is achieved.

04-12-2010, 06:00 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Well for example on my Rebel when I focus on something, sometimes 5 of the 9 AF points will light up red indicating that they've locked focus on different areas of the photo.
it is possible to get 5 different points in focus if they are the same distance from the lens
« Raw | SDHC cards »