Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ckusnierek Quote
I thought Live view was going to be a big issue for me but every time I mentioned it I was told I would not really even use it.
I've used Live View a couple of times for manual focus. Probably if I manually focus while using a tripod it would be useful to me. It feels kind of unnatural to hold the camera a foot away in order to focus with the LCD screen, but Live View does have it's (very limited) uses.

04-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought Live view was going to be a big issue for me but every time I mentioned it I was told I would not really even use it.
It's useful for some things but if you don't have it, you won't miss it. Enjoy your Km..

04-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #33
Veteran Member

HD Movies Yes I know video is MF only and some might say cameras are for pictures not video. But being just a casual hobbyist not a pro I do like this feature.

Thanks for any advice!
HD video is a new fact of life for DSLRs. Even the new top-end, pro Canon and Nikon cameras shoot video. I wasn't there but I heard that at WPPI (the professional wedding photographer trade show) that video was a high part of it. You'd be hard pressed to find a new SLR coming out WITHOUT video. All the new ones have it.
04-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #34
Inactive Account

I love my Kx, it does everything I want to include macros, night and HDR. I think you will be happy with it, if you decide to go that route. It is easy to start off with, and you can grow and learn with it.

Attached Images

04-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Macro is the one area where live view helps. It allows very precise focusing. I would budget about $250 more for a good manual focus macro lens (Tamorn 90mm 2.5, Vivitar 105mm S1 2.5, etc.)