Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #1

Generic strap for the K-x

What are some decent straps you guys are using for this camera...I'm a fairly big guy and that Pentax one that came with it sucks pretty bad...looking for something a lot thicker and longer (the stock ones barely makes the camera hang above my chest...almost closer to my neck).

Thanks

04-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #2

Not sure how much longer these are, but I've been considering one for myself:

Seat Belt Camera Straps at the Photojojo Store!

If nothing else, they are quite a bit wider than the stock strap, and look a whole lot cooler!

(Just found this in the description - "Adjusts to total length of 3 1/2 feet")
04-16-2010, 12:15 AM   #3
Banned

I dont have a K-x, but I use the same strap on all my cameras. an old army cotton webbing, general purpose carry strap. you will have to use split-rings connected to the strap bars, which can be a pain to attach (yea for the k-7's lugs) to attach the strap to the body, but it doesnt get much better than these. heavy-duty, long, wide, low key and comfortable. the cotton webbing doesn't get as hot around the neck or body when used. can usually be had for quite cheap at surplus stores.

04-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you aren't using any big or heavy lenses, for a K-X, you can have a lot of choices. Most high-tech things will be somewhat excessive, and it sounds like it's the length that's bothering you.

My favorite for a light camera is the Lowepro Speedster strap. It's just webbing with lots and lots of rubber thread on one side, but they're really comfy for something without thick padding, and help light things stay put. It looks like if I were a boy I could make this one long enough for comic effect, so it should be enough for you.

And there'll be no mounting hassles or metal parts.

They're cheap enough on Ebay, last I looked.

I use Optech products on heavier things, in general. They do make skinnier things for smaller cameras but I haven't really tried them. If you do use a big lens or anything, maybe their 'Envy' line of straps would be the ticket, (They seem promising, I've never used one, myself) and there's some similar products out there from other makers. Probably you'll actually be happy enough with something just a bit wider and longer than the stock strap. This isn't heavy stuff you're talking about.

04-19-2010, 06:24 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Try the Luma Loop

I just bought the Luma Loop for my K-x and K10D. It works great!! Look it up on the web...Google Luma Loop. Enjoy
04-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I use & quite like Domke Gripper straps.
04-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I use the optech ones that are made of neoprene.
It acts like a shock absorber and reduces the strap cutting into your neck since it it wide and rubbery.
All the attachment fixtures are made of plastic too so it won't scratch your camera body unlike the other straps which have metal parts.
I use only straps which have these plastic fixtures.
04-21-2010, 10:29 AM   #8

BlackRapid.com

I have the RS7 strap. I love it!

04-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Try the Optech Pro Loop Strap with the Sling Strap Adaptor, or with a pair of the Uni Adapter Loop (see # number here).
04-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #10
Inactive Account

I like the pretty ones you can find on Etsy.com.
04-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #11

Original Poster
Ended up getting an Optech Super Classic...like it WAY better than the standard K-x strap (also bought the longer extensions so the camera can hang lower (very long torso...it feels comfy now).

Thanks for all the suggestions