Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

First film slr problems

Hey guys. My newly acquired ME super is having some issues

I cannot get any of the electronic shutter speeds to work. The mechanical 1/125 works just fine, as does bulb mode, but any other speed setting results in 1/125. The battery is an Energizer 357 SR44, and appears to be working fine as the light meter works well and is accurate, and is giving no low battery indications. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Fixable?

I just went out and shot most of a roll while adjusting the aperture, so this thing is usable... but kinda more limiting than I'd like.

Thanks all.

(Btw, I made a thread a while ago on the film SLR board with some questions about film use in general, and now that I finally got the camera and that thread has died down, I'm having some issues, so I hoped this would be the best place to get a speedy response. I'm a film newbie, anyway )

04-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder if this is a common problem with this type of camera. I have an ME (not super) that does exactly the same thing. Perhaps a dirty selector switch or something simple like that. I'm debating taking mine apart to find out.

04-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I wonder if this is a common problem with this type of camera. I have an ME (not super) that does exactly the same thing. Perhaps a dirty selector switch or something simple like that. I'm debating taking mine apart to find out.

I've already emailed Eric Hendrickson to see if it can be easily fixed, but the fact that you have a similar problem which I imagine can't be remedied by new batteries is slightly disconcerting

Now to figure out getting a partial refund from the guy who sold it to me...