Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Bellows question

I have a Pentax Bellows unit which I use with my LX, Is there a method for using it with my *ist D? What concerns me is the shutter release cable on the bellows is mechanical.

04-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nedrod Quote
I have a Pentax Bellows unit which I use with my LX, Is there a method for using it with my *ist D? What concerns me is the shutter release cable on the bellows is mechanical.
You can use the self timer. Does the istD support Remote? That is, can you plug a remote into the camera (or use the Remote F) to fire the camera??

or are you talking about operating the Aperture, as with the double remote release? If so, you'll have to rig something or simply stop the lens down before tripping the shutter.

04-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
Pentaxian

1. You can't use the bellows with lenses without aperture ring, or with the aperture ring at "A" position.

2. Use the double release cable to close down the lens, then use a separate remote control for your *ist D.
04-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you both for the info

04-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #5

Old Pentax Auto Bellows

I have an old Pentax Auto Bellows that I use with a DSLR camera. I have written an article on the process at this link - in short it involves using manual focus lenses or even enlarging lenses which tend to be sharp and inexpensive. Here is a link to the article.

Last edited by stover98074; 05-08-2010 at 08:46 AM.