Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Where to purchase used pentax in Australia?

Can anyone point me in the direction of any online sellers of used pentax lenses in Australia please?

Cheers

04-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by samski_1 Quote
Can anyone point me in the direction of any online sellers of used pentax lenses in Australia please?

Cheers
I bought my lenses from www.keh.com and www.adorama.com. Keh is a highly reputed 2nd hand photographic equipment shop, and Adorama has a used/2nd hand section that is also reputed. Both sellers are based in the US, and my lenses were UPS-delivered to Oz. I can recommend strongly both.

Off course ebay is another alternative.

Hope that the experience will assist...
04-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I know Tassie is quite small, but i've been finding used Pentax gear at Cash Converters. I'm assuming you have this chain store down there?
04-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Cash converter's pawn shops even the humble opp shop you can pick up some jems.
Use the forum here it is excellent , I have purchased from members both in Australia and Canada USA with out problems. let us know what you want would be the first step .
happy hunting Cheers Mark

04-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by samski_1 Quote

Cheers
I used to maintain this thread on Aussie suppliers - but lost the energy to keep it updated......

The link to PhotoCo in Adelaide still works with their weekly list of used gear. Some of the gear moves very fast though....

These days I find with the Aussie Dollar being healthy, Adorama and B&H are good sources of new equipment. You can pick up lenses and other gear at around 30-50% lower than locally and NEW - even with shipping.

The forum marketplace is also a very good source of used equipment - probably as good as you'll get other than fleaBay The benefit of the marketplace IMHO is that the people here are dedicated Pentaxians and there is a often a seller/buyer rating you can view

Good luck with your hunting.

Cheers
05-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As MoiVous has said, keep an eye out on this Group, as the theory is that all Aussie purchases are shared here. Also we've done some research on Aussie sellers...again MoiVous played a huge roll here.