Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #1

Is there a way to....

upload photos on here (say like to the critique section) without linking from a website such as flickr? If not, which site would you recommend? If so what is it? Thanks...

04-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try Here.

Pentax User Photo Gallery - Gallery

You have to upload them somewhere but the choice is yours. You can also use Photobucket, I think Picasa (google) has an upload site, etc.

Let's see them!!

04-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You can also attach images when typing up a post - see the button labeled "Manage Attachments" right underneath the heading "Attach Photos or Files" just below the text box where you type your message. So you don't need an account anywhere else. But it's usually easier to link images from an account elsewhere than messing with that attachment feature, especially because the attachment features doesn't let you control where in your post the image appears. Flickr, Photobucket, Picasaweb - they are all fine if you're just looking for a free place to upload images. Flickr has the disadvantage of stripping away EXIF info when it resizes images, which tends to annoy people looking at your images here, but it has the advantage of being pretty popular.
04-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #4

Original Poster
Yeah, I was five seconds away from opening a picasa web gallery I'll probably go back and do so. Also I tried the manage connections thing but it told me my photo was too large. As this is the first forum I've ever taken an active participation in, I'm a wee bit confused on how to do this type of thing. lol

04-25-2010, 02:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

You should resize them first. Not everybody is very happy when they have to download a 3MB (or bigger) jpeg.

Check the properties of existing photos on this forum to get an idea of size (both pixelwise and bytewise).
04-25-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
hcc
Pentaxian

I second JeffJS' suggestion.

Try to place your photos in your own photo gallery(ies) at Pentaxforums.com. Once your photo is loaded there, it is very, very easy to insert in a thread aith the "Insert AlbumPhotos" function on the bottom right of the thread/post editor.

Look forward to see your photo ...