Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Where to find 'in person' help - lens question...

I have a SIGMA zoom lens, 4.5 ~ 5.6, 75 ~ 300mm. It says AF - ?.

Anyways - I was able to use this lens on my ZX-L, but I can't get it to work on my K-X. I've followed the instructions on 'using old lenses' but it still won't work.

Because I'm so new at this I would really love to have some live help - how do I find it? Seeing as though Pentax is not the hottest commodity around here....

Thanks!
Jen

04-25-2010, 07:59 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
OK - I'm not sure what I did but I got it to work.... could still use some help though! I'm going to try taking it off and putting it on again and see if I'm still so lucky.
04-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

You will not get "live" help here at our forum, but you will get responsive and excellent help if you seek it. I am glad to hear your lens is working. I'm assuming, by "working," you mean the auto focus--is that correct? Please, update us on the situation. There are so many good people here who will strive to get you all the help you need. Welcome and best of luck to you.
04-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It wold help if you said what specifically isn't working. But if it's an AF lens, you don't need that thread on using manual lenses - that just complicates things. Leave the aperture ring in the "A" position and use it just like your kit lens - no other special procedures necessary. it's only lenses that lack the "A" position on the aperture ring that require those special procedures.

04-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Chances are you didn't have the lens all the way locked in (or AF turned off on the camera). When you put the lens on the camera, give the focus ring a little twist to make sure it engages the AF drive on the camera.

04-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You should be able to use any old K-mount lens on your K-x as long as you know how and their limitations. Have a read of your manual for more details, but if you're using AF lenses, be sure you always have the aperture ring on the lens set to the "A" position, and ensure that it is screwed all the way until it clocks on the mount as has been explained before.