Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #1

newbie needs advice, help!!

g'day y'all, i never thought i'd ever be a newbie with a pentax again. after starting with a screw mount pentax in the early seventies in NZ i ended up with a minolta x-300 + 35-70 when i returned to england in '89. after having lost interest in photography in the mid nineties i'm back with (the best leaner's camera) K-m dslr, wow all those practice pictures with no film/printing cost & easy check with camera or back home with pc. plus the only brand that you can use old glass lenses HOORAY PENTAX!!

my question is - i have put the pentax software on my pc but only the windows wizard comes up when i connect the camera, i cant transfer straight to the pentax photo browser (i have to transfer from 'my pictures') also i took 2 pictures RAW but they come out as JPEG on my computer.

can anybody help, any advice for this newbie is welcome

i'm looking forward to plenty of learning & lots of experiment.

my main passion is cars (motoracing, circuit & drag, cars, engines) but i'm travelling back to NZ & want to capture the memories

michael

04-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lowflyer V8 Quote
my question is - i have put the pentax software on my pc but only the windows wizard comes up when i connect the camera, i cant transfer straight to the pentax photo browser (i have to transfer from 'my pictures') also i took 2 pictures RAW but they come out as JPEG on my computer.
michael
Welcome to the Forum.

I always tranfer my photos to my HDD first (by cable or with the SD card). Then I disconnect my camera. Later I open Pentax Camera Digitial Utility (PCDU), to view and post-process (PP) the files. PCDU is free although there are other softwares, and it does the job for me.

I have tranfered both JPEG and RAW without any issue. In XP SP3, the RAW files are not thumbnail, but it does not matter since I PP in PCDU.

Hope that the comment will help...