Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2010, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gebco Quote
(One thing I notice is that when I post to the forums, the pics look much softer than the original, not sure why)
Posting to the forum involves resizing, and different resizing methods produce different results. If you don't like the results you get from your current method of resizing images, then perhaps investigate different options in the software you are using, or perhaps different software. And if you current method of resizing is "letting the forum uploader do it for you", the next thing to try is doing it yourself in your own favorite PP program, so the forum uploader won't have to do it for you.

04-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Marc. I find that resizing still leaves a sharp pic, until it is uploaded on the forum (same thing at DPR). Perhaps I will have to oversharpen a little for pics I am posting.
04-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you've resized the picture to a size that the uploader doens't have the resize *again*, then there should be no difference at all - it should be the exact same image. Not sure if this forum's uploader will not suppress unnecessary resizing, but I'm pretty sure dpr's does. Maybe you're just seeing the difference between looking at the picture in your web browser versu looking at it in your PP program?