Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
05-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow this thread is very informative. I'm planning to take indoor flash photos.

05-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #32
Veteran Member

I highly recommend the step by step series of flash articles at planet neil. Neil knows his stuff when it comes to flash, especially on camera flash which is supposedly a big no-no according to a lot of experts. What Neil doesn’t know about TTL and bouncing probably isn’t worth knowing
05-06-2010, 01:19 AM   #33
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Simply put, on-camera (or 'axial') flash results in flatly-lit, ordinary images that are rarely different from what one would get with a point & shoot camera. Photography is all about the quality, direction and focus of the light used to illuminate the subject matter - good quality lighting is not achieved by chance, it's by the study of its properties and what makes flattering, detailed and extraordinary images.

Along with Planet Neil's flash photography tutorials, also study Strobist's Lighting 101 and 102 tutorials - they're quite an authoritative set of lessons and step-by-step instructions on getting the right lighting for the subject you want to shoot.
05-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
You just need a spigot-to-photo-screw adapter. and then can mount any clamp on either the tripod or on the light stand.

Ben
Thank you, Ben. That's the info I need.
How about the top end. Is there a spigot / adapter to change from hot shoe mount to regular strobe/light?

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
I highly recommend the step by step series of flash articles at planet neil. Neil knows his stuff when it comes to flash, especially on camera flash which is supposedly a big no-no according to a lot of experts. What Neil doesn’t know about TTL and bouncing probably isn’t worth knowing
I have Neil's new book about flash and I agree that he's really good when it comes to on camera flash. His website is a must read for any beginner who doesn't have the equipment/fund to do off camera flash.

05-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Thank you, Ben. That's the info I need.
How about the top end. Is there a spigot / adapter to change from hot shoe mount to regular strobe/light
That's easy. Here it is: LumoPro LP633 Umbrella Swivel w/ Flash Shoe Adapter

Midwest has a large collection of adapters and clamps. Just have a look through their site and you sure will find what you need.

Ben