Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #2371
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I think that is very much spot on. Pentax nowadays is an enthusiast brand; not a default choice of the masses. If Pentax can used this to their advantage, they could find a profitable niche in the market. In spite of the fact that the pros are using Nikon and Canon, their brand value is bound by the fact that 80% are using them; not something you will choose in order to be different. They are the GM and Ford of the DSLR world.....
More like the Honda and Toyota of the DSLR world , but I understand your point. I don't think Pentax would mind being as big as Honda/Toyota, but since that would take a lot of doing it's in their best interest to be different and emphasize their unique strengths, which hopefully the K-7 will do.

05-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #2372

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Do you really think theres a single person on the planet that have read the whole thread?
I have... I've been following this thread for weeks I decided to register today just so I could be a part of the megathread

Gotta say... I am 100% Canon fangirl, back from 35mm ae-1, to p&s to dslr... I dont even know HOW I stumbled on this thread weeks ago or what made me start reading it... but I gotta say I got drawn in and I bookmarked it and come back each day... even multiple times a day to check what new photos or info has been leaked... I would NEVER even CONSIDER Pentax... but I gotta say... its the mystery of it all that has drawn me in

Quite frankly you give a Great Photographer any camera they'll give you excellent photos... I am not one of those that upgrades every time a new there is 'something' new... I wait until the camera I have does not suit my needs & I need more out of it. I was waiting for Canon's next release of the '60D'... which was rumored to be 'weathersealed' ... this is something I need & what my Canon 30D does not provide me. A few more MP, better noise handling at 1600 & 3200 iso & I'm a happy camper...

This thread has drawn in this Canon Fangirl... as someone stated a few pages back 'that they really hope this camera does not disappoint' once its released with all this hype... I hope not either... with all this hype... I've been doing my research & have my Lens Line up all set & ready to go should I make the switch and hop aboard
05-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #2373
Inactive Account

Hey, Lore. I think I recognize your avatar from POTN. Am I right, or is it mistaken identity?
05-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #2374

QuoteOriginally posted by Yohan Pamudji Quote
Hey, Lore. I think I recognize your avatar from POTN. Am I right, or is it mistaken identity?
that's me

05-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #2375
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
I am not one of those that upgrades every time a new there is 'something' new...
I wait until the camera I have does not suit my needs & I need more out of it.
Oh, no ...
Moderators, please!

This thread is not for ... girls.

05-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #2376

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
our spies penetrated that company long time ago... it was a joke comparing with stealing from manhattan project, not that it was difficult either.
Well, now thanks to this rumor from ogl that the K-7 will be presented in Noway, I've got this Russian submarine anchored up right outside my home. I spoke to the captain, and he told me they we're just out fishing. He also invited me onboard later today for a private concert as they supposedly had a 15 man balalaika orchestra onboard..
05-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #2377

Photos: Gallery
Hey

Hey be nice. Not sure about you Blende8 but I like girls.

The more the merrier

"Well...... helllllooooo Ladies"

CM

05-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #2378
Inactive Account

@Lore
I don't think you'll ever see a sealed mid-range camera from Canon. Might as well go with Pentax on this one. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Hell, Canon even has problems with their sealed 5D MKII. Reports of it breaking in mild drizzle and snowy conditions are numerous. Pentax say the camera is sealed and seals it for real ... Canon just talks about it. If you want a real WR camera from Canon, you have to go big - 1D series. But I guess you know all this.

PS: Welcome to the forums.
05-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #2379

Hi men&girl,

After 159 exiting pages, it's high time to add some specs (100% first hand).

Flash sync : 1/250
VF : 100%
CMOS K20D++
BackScreen : 921 000
Mic plug
Flash plug (as we can see on RH pics)
shutter : 1/8000
Roughly : 1300€ (kit 18-55 II) [don't know either w/ or w/o WR]

Dams

Sorry for my english
05-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #2380
Veteran Member

Heck of a first post...
05-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #2381
Veteran Member

980 15 670 rearranged and multiplied by 2 is

1960 x 1340 @ 30 FPS

That would sure be an odd video resolution. Maybe the Pentax only multi-axis sensor stabilized video wasn't unique enough for them.
05-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #2382
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
This thread has drawn in this Canon Fangirl...
The Lore the merrier, welcome aboard!

Darth Vader was redeemed from the dark side - Anything is possible.
05-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #2383

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Oh, no ...
Moderators, please!

This thread is not for ... girls.

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
@Lore
I don't think you'll ever see a sealed mid-range camera from Canon. Might as well go with Pentax on this one. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Hell, Canon even has problems with their sealed 5D MKII. Reports of it breaking in mild drizzle and snowy conditions are numerous. Pentax say the camera is sealed and seals it for real ... Canon just talks about it. If you want a real WR camera from Canon, you have to go big - 1D series. But I guess you know all this.

PS: Welcome to the forums.
Indeed, all things I know... 5D MKII out of my price range & does not suit my needs as I shoot sports on occasion, more specifically, Hockey. The 1D series is just too honkin huge & I dont NEED a camera the size of my head & that can shoot a million shots per second as I do not subscribe to the 'spray and pray' club of shooting

as 'rumors' stand thus far... this camera seems to be promising. & Ya, those vids of the Pentax cams being run under the tap are quite impressive... NUTS! But impressive.

QuoteOriginally posted by GoldenWreckedAngle Quote
The Lore the merrier, welcome aboard!

Darth Vader was redeemed from the dark side - Anything is possible.
AWESOME! Hmmmm... the welcome is almost worth coming aboard
05-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #2384
Zav
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dams2One Quote
Hi men&girl,

After 159 exiting pages, it's high time to add some specs (100% first hand).

Flash sync : 1/250
VF : 100%
CMOS K20D++
BackScreen : 921 000
Mic plug
Flash plug (as we can see on RH pics)
shutter : 1/8000
Roughly : 1300€ (kit 18-55 II) [don't know either w/ or w/o WR]

Dams

Sorry for my english
If your english is too rusty, you can tell me more in french
05-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #2385
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
@Lore
Never say never.

QuoteQuote:
Canon never claimed the 5DII to be properly weather sealed. They do have some sealing gaskets in various areas for some moisture and dust "resistance", but you can tell just from the lack of rubber gasket on the lens mount that it's not meant for use in serious weather.