Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flagging Pentax Images in Adobe Bridge

I just replaced my K10D with a K20D to act as a backup to my K7 since its features better parallel those of the K7. When I started to edit, in Adobe Bridge, my first pictures taken with the K20D, I found that I could not set any labels (red, yellow, green ,etc) or ratings (1 star, 2 stars, etc) to them. Is there some option set in the camera and carried over in the metadata which would prevent such modification or ranking?

(I am going to post this on the Adobe site as well.)

05-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
No need to go further. Here is a response I posted in the Adobe forum in answer to someone trying to help:

Good thought, but I don't think that is the issue. I can label my Pentax K7 photos with this version of Bridge, and it is a newer camera. I can also flag the K20D photos on my laptop, the very ones I cannot flag on my desktop (the reason for the first posting). I had the problem on my desktop this morning before going off to my day job but didn't have time to explore further. I posted my query at lunch time thinking there might be a simple explanation like an option not set correctly. I did further testing once I got back this evening. I am beginning to think it's my version of XP Professional on my desktop which is giving me a variety of different problems (right-clicking on a file in Windows Explorer shuts down the application, for instance). It's going to be upgraded to Windows 7 shortly; but I'm living with it for now. As an IT professional for over 40 years, I have seen my share of really weird software problems. This one is probably not worth any further effort until I make the change to Windows 7. Thanks for your response.