Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2010, 04:48 AM   #16

I'm yet to finish processing my Zombie Shuffle pics, but...

K-x, taken by my K7

05-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #17
Inactive Account

First and only Pentax sighting was just before Christmas 09 at the local carols night. Female with a red KX and I pressume 18-55 as it was red also (wasn't 55-300).
05-18-2010, 06:34 AM   #18

Am i just lucky, or are there really a dearth of K-xs out there?

Last sunday, at the 11th Annual Japan Festival in Box Hill, Victoria

Black with F70-210

Red with Red DA-L kit

White with some FA lens (looks FA LTD to me)

yeah, some of them aren't clear, but most are rushed shots...
05-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All I know, is as soon as I find a pentaxian "in the wild" im shaking his/her hand

05-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
All I know, is as soon as I find a pentaxian "in the wild" im shaking his/her hand
I agree - we're our own little community. I love chatting with people who shoot with Pentax!
05-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
last weekend at a event, i spotted one pentax shooter and about 100 canikons.
05-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #22

If you want to see pentaxians, come to Japan especifically go to tokyo. If you want to see even more, come in cherry blossom season or peak fall colors. My most memorable view was a couple with a pair of K-7 and a pair of DA* 200 or 300 I couldn't guess which.
The best one was when I saw a guy going into a train with his MX 50/1.7 hanging from his neck, the exact same as I was carrying. Couldn't help to have a small laugh. Now that I think of it, he might have been one of you guys. :P

05-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spotted a red K-x with yellow grip today. Admittedly I saw it at Pentax Australia who were selling it - although still a pretty rare sight in Australia. Pretty ugly colour scheme if you ask me (sorry if I offend anyone with a red with yellow K-x - just not my style).
05-21-2010, 02:42 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
lots of pentaxors in tokyo for sure! .... for some reason, i usually spot the k-x users at night and usually its a lady. but to be fair, there are way more canikonians and olympumixians, so is still quite alright to chat about with another pentaxor.

i.e. another satisfied user:
05-21-2010, 05:05 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax - Social netwoking tool?

Just returned from an 18 day trip from USA to Venice and on to Athens. During that time I noticed three Pentax cameras in Venice and none in any other place. Two Venice sightings were in the St Marks area (K20D w/17-70 and an olive colored K-x w/kit) and the other near the Rialto Bridge (K100D). The K-x and K100D were being carried by tourists who were in the middle of their groups, so I was not able to visit with them. I did say hello to the K20D fellow. He was a German student into his third week of travels. He felt the 17-70 was the perfect walk-around lens in this setting and loved it. He noted that I was the second Pentax shooter he had seen. In both instances, the Pentax folks approached him and started up a conversation. He also noted that Pentax shooters, seeming by virtue of their common camera, are like pleasant members of a club (cult?). They were willing to take a moment to chat about things and share travel tips with another Pentax user. He never noticed this with Canon, Nikon or Sony shooters. Anyway, I took a picture of him with his camera and he did the same for me with mine, then we parted ways.

BTW: At the time I was sporting a red K-x paired to a DA 15. No one said anything to me, but I was very much aware of many sideward glances at the camera from folks passing by.
05-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #26

Even here in the remote parts of japan I spotted nothing less than another spotmatic in the wild! He was busy with his family so I didn't bother him.

Maybe it's just me but I find a little strange to go talk to a stranger. Please someone explain this to me because i don't get it.
05-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by summonbaka Quote
Maybe it's just me but I find a little strange to go talk to a stranger. Please someone explain this to me because i don't get it.
So... you have never received a sincere face-to-face compliment from a stranger? And if you did, did your mother not teach you to acknowledge it with a "Thank you"?

Anything 'wrong' with saying "Nice camera" when you find yourself standing beside someone shooting the same subject with a Pentax? Plus, when you get the compliment and you notice they are shooting a lens you have never see before and from an aspect you did not consider, would you not ask about it?

Perhaps not where you live, but in America, responding with some lite small talk is simply being polite.

What's not to get in that?

Cheers...
05-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
So... you have never received a sincere face-to-face compliment from a stranger? And if you did, did your mother not teach you to acknowledge it with a "Thank you"?

Anything 'wrong' with saying "Nice camera" when you find yourself standing beside someone shooting the same subject with a Pentax? Plus, when you get the compliment and you notice they are shooting a lens you have never see before and from an aspect you did not consider, would you not ask about it?

Perhaps not where you live, but in America, responding with some lite small talk is simply being polite.

What's not to get in that?

Cheers...
Thanks for your answer. I never said wrong i said strange -weird- it's just not me. And maybe it is also because I started in japan where you have days when you see more DSLR than compacts around and back home using SLR and even compacts is not common. The times it has indeed happened it was from the other side, mostly older people that see my MX and tell me they had one and we start chit-chatting.
I think i over-simplified my question.
05-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by summonbaka Quote
Even here in the remote parts of japan I spotted nothing less than another spotmatic in the wild! He was busy with his family so I didn't bother him.

its very strange indeed. its like stirring up a convo with someone who happens to wear the same levi's jeans... :-)
05-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #30

Adding to it, yesterday we had really great light and headed to the pier to take some pics in the golden hour. I saw a japanese photographer and i thought "let's try". What happened? Disdain. So (first?) attempt with random stranger, FAIL!

In my defense, he was a Canon user. ;D