Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-x sightings!

I did a search to see if anything recent has been posted about Pentax or K-x sightings, and found none. If so, mods please move this post.

In the last two weeks I have seen two other K-x in my humble Winnipeg! That is exactly one more than the Sony V-3 sightings since I bought that one several years ago!

05-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I've still only managed to see one pentaxian since I started shooting over a year ago.... he was shooting a Km w/ its kit lens... :ugh::ugh:
05-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I saw a Red one at Blue Spring State Park in FL the last time I was down there. Other than a film KM, its the only other Pentax I remember seeing "out there."
05-04-2010, 05:26 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have never seen another Pentaxian.

05-06-2010, 10:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I've seen one other pentaxian. She was using a K100D and DA* 50-135.
05-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I share my bed with a Pentaxian So I often see one
05-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Besides pentaxians that I drag along with me, I've only ever seen 2 while out shooting. One was shooting a K100D with Tamron 18-250 in Annapolis, and one was shooting a K20D at the National Cathedral.

My fiancee and I were at the cathedral with a girl scout troop she volunteers with as a co-leader. I've gotten them to pick up my film cameras and they all want an old Pentax now. When the girl shooting the K20D and I started talking, one of the girls tapped my Fiancee on the shoulder and said, "Katie, that girl over there is stealing your man!"
05-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Pentax is fairly common "in the wild" here in the Vancouver/Portland area. Two contributing factors:
  • Lots of serious photographers (lots of cameras visible)
  • Vigorous film scene (historically, more Pentax sold)
  • Tons of Asian tourists
On a recent outing to Multnomah Falls (Oregon's most popular tourist attraction), I did a casual SLR count and came up with seven Pentax, two Sony, two Olympus, 20 Canon, and 18 Nikon. Except for me, the non-Canon/Nikon users were all Asian.

Steve

05-10-2010, 10:58 PM   #9

At a wedding three weekends ago there were two Canon shooters (the professional wedding photographer and the bride's brother who is also a fulltime professional photographer) and two Pentaxians - myself with a K-x and one with a K100D.

When I was on holidays in Tasmania in January someone asked me to take a photo of himself and his partner, and then handed me a K-x. I instinctively held the viewfinder up to my eye and just at the moment it reached my eye did I realise that he'd put it into LiveView.

Other than that the only other Pentax DSLRs that I have seen out in the wild have been either my sister's K-7 or those belonging to pentaxforum members on an arranged meet.
05-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #10
Pentaxian

We had a Pentaxian meet-up in Toronto last summer and aside from 10 forum die-hards, we stopped someone with a K-m and asked "are you here for the meet?" and got a confused stare and a mumbled "no, I'm just taking pictures."

As for K-x's, I've seen a white one in the wild, and been stopped *many* times since I got a red K-x. Once, a birder with two big Canons and a bag of glass waiting for the islands ferry stopped me and said "is that a Pentax K-x? I heard they are great in low-light! Do they come in green?"
05-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #11
Forum Member

myself, in 14 years since I got a K1000 for a photo class in high school, have only seen about 2 other pentax cameras, and they were point and shoot. have yet to see a *ist that the local walmart sold then.
05-12-2010, 04:56 AM   #12
k54
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
I share my bed with a Pentaxian So I often see one
Me too he he he.....
05-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #13
Site Supporter

I share mine with a Canon P&S user

I have struck 3 or 4 Pentax users around this city. One turned out to be a member of this Forum, whom I was not aware of..
05-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #14

I saw one carrying a Red K-X every where i go around Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)... Me
05-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #15
Pentaxian

On my last visit to NYC I walked past two guys, both taking photos with Pentaxes. One had a K-7 while the other had a K-x and both appeared to have DA Limiteds mounted. Quite a surprise.