Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
05-04-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We need photos of your camera- a request to all members!

Hello everyone,

As you may be aware, we feature a camera review database located here: PentaxForums.com - Pentax Camera Reviews - Pentax DSLRs, Film SLRs, and Medium Format

While we have managed to complete this database with technical specs for each camera body, some cameras are still missing photos.

If you own a camera that's missing a photo in the database, we'd greatly appreciate your contribution of its photo! To contribute a photo, simply attach it to this thread, or PM me for e-mail instructions.

What's currently missing:
Once we've got all these, we'll have the database complete with photos! It is already complete with camera information tables.

Thanks in advance!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Note- this applies to DSLRs, AF/MF Film SLRs, and medium format cameras alike, even though I've posted it in this section.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Note- this applies to DSLRs, AF/MF Film SLRs, and medium format cameras alike, even though I've posted it in this section.
I'm glad you clarified that, Adam. I was about to give you a misplaced thread infraction.
05-04-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Only Pentax or anything with K-mount or M42? Hm, the latter might broaden it a bit too much.

05-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Only Pentax or anything with K-mount or M42? Hm, the latter might broaden it a bit too much.
I know we have a few on the forum that were interested in helping organize the screwmounts......Adam, are we handling these separately or will you add a link as the members start sending in photos? I am thinking of the Asahiflex, Ap, S, K, Spotties and the like...??
05-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

If needed I can take a pic of my silver K200D as there seems to be only picture of the more common black version? Of course this would also mean that the K-X review could get a little picture heavy soon.

edit: I took a peak at the K-X section and there already are pics of different colour versions, so I'll try to add a silver K200D soon.

Last edited by ovim; 05-04-2010 at 12:53 PM.
05-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
I know we have a few on the forum that were interested in helping organize the screwmounts......Adam, are we handling these separately or will you add a link as the members start sending in photos? I am thinking of the Asahiflex, Ap, S, K, Spotties and the like...??
See the thread in site suggestions on this. We need some help building that part of the DB.

QuoteOriginally posted by ovim Quote
If needed I can take a pic of my silver K200D as there seems to be only picture of the more common black version? Of course this would also mean that the K-X review could get a little picture heavy soon.

edit: I took a peak at the K-X section and there already are pics of different colour versions, so I'll try to add a silver K200D soon.
Sounds great! Once you have the picture, however, please don't post it directly in your review; instead, PM it to me or attach it here so I can get it up in the first post.

Adam

05-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Is the idea to gather photos of all different versions of a camera (for example LX-Black, LX-Gold, LX-2000 etc.)? Or just get one photo of any finish?

(... how crazy is the K-x thread going to be?!...)
05-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

No screwmounts?..... Sacrelige!
05-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimfear Quote
Is the idea to gather photos of all different versions of a camera (for example LX-Black, LX-Gold, LX-2000 etc.)? Or just get one photo of any finish?

(... how crazy is the K-x thread going to be?!...)
Sure, one of each would work. I think I recall taking a pic of my LX2000...

QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
No screwmounts?..... Sacrelige!
smc will be putting up a thread about this soon, so stay tuned

Adam

05-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I only got one which is missing in the database, the MZ-M. Not my best camera shot, you can replace it w/ a better one later:
Attached Images

05-04-2010, 08:04 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Thanks! I'll put it up soon.

Adam

05-04-2010, 08:12 PM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam,

I can provide images from my collection. Is this ok? or would you like me to rework it without the signature and the border?

Thanks,
05-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Hi Ismael,

Thanks for the contribution! +rep

I will leave your copyright in there, but will take the frame off, I think.

Adam

05-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam,

Here are a few more. Feel free to remove the frame and/or the copyright as you deem appropriate.

more PZ10

P3

K1000

The old MV1 pic in the DB is mine but I'll try to take a better one soon. ME Super and Super Program have pics so I'm not including those. Are we going to do M42 as well? I can provide pics of SV and Spotmatic if needed.

Thanks,