Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #16
k54
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pontusadefjord Quote
95% of the time I'm using old manual lenses, so I can't use matrix. And I've got a katzeye focusing screen so spot is out of the question. Center it is!
Thanks for mentioning the Katzeye. I googled it and it is the one I needed as I am also on manual mode most of the time and use Center Weighted Metering.

How is it installed? Can I install it by myself or there is a need to be installed by a technician inside the K-x?

05-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Matrix, not because it is good (far from it), but I am plain lazy. If I want control, spot meter and M mode.
05-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by k54 Quote
Thanks for mentioning the Katzeye. I googled it and it is the one I needed as I am also on manual mode most of the time and use Center Weighted Metering.

How is it installed? Can I install it by myself or there is a need to be installed by a technician inside the K-x?
I did it myself on my K200D but it was a little bit scary. Not sure about the K-x but you could probably do it yourself if you're careful.

(I think you can find lots of info on how to do it in other parts of the forum)
05-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #19
k54
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pontusadefjord Quote
I did it myself on my K200D but it was a little bit scary. Not sure about the K-x but you could probably do it yourself if you're careful.

(I think you can find lots of info on how to do it in other parts of the forum)
Thanks for the info. I will find more info and buy it.

05-10-2010, 03:20 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Almost exclusively, I used center weighted. For zooming in close, I normally used spot. For wide and especially taking landscape of natures, I will use matrix.

I do agree with a fellow forum member who commented that "None of these modes changes the actual meter reading, only what parts of the metering field is used for your exposure. Spot for instance, only meters the center area."