Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2009, 08:23 PM   #1

There aren't K-7 reviews

Thanks a lot for the comparision. A real useful one.
Also tested a K7 yesterday over here in Japan. They has these demo stall for 2 days. The AWB and ISO performance has definitely improved.
IQ at ISO 3200 is almost like ISO400 in K10D. Also AWB did a very good job in mixed lighting (fluroscent, tungsten and daylight).
Seems like the review will be gr8 for this

05-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
The best addition

The best addition has got to be the "Focus Assist" beam on the camera!! Take that canon...
07-21-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The two things that consistently delight me about the K-7 are the vastly improved metering and the improved AWB. I almost never used the multi-segment metering on the K20D, but on the K-7 it seems to deliver every time. Likewise the AWB is uncannily spot-on.

The digital filters are huge fun as well, I admit.
09-27-2009, 12:40 AM   #4

Picked up my K-7 a few days ago as an upgrade to my K10D and I have by no means taken it out for a proper play as yet.

Few things have come to mind, the nicest if slightly minor point is the moving of the buttons from the away from the side of the display screen.

On the K10D the trash button has a small raised dot to help you find it without looking or in the dark. This dot has always stuck right into the side of my nose to my lingering annoyance so not having it those buttons in the same location on the K7 rates in my books.

Also, and this is something none of the reviews I have read mention, but at the more wide open end the K7 adjusts by quarter stops. Since I have never played with a K20 I am not sure if this is completely new or not, but as someone who regularly tries to shoot in the dark at band gigs with a F1.4 lens I was rather excited about this.

Looking forward to getting a battery grip to go with this body in a few weeks. I have one on my K10D and really like the feel of the larger grip.

Apart from that I haven't really played with this camera enough to say anything more meaningful, but it does look like a very good piece of kit.

09-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Favorable Comments by a K20 Owner on His New K7

Top Reviews of Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video (Body Only) @Pickii