Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Not K200D reviews

So, we are posting comments here etc?

Well, the most annoying thing: batteries + AF. Ok, Enelops are solving most of the problems, but even with used Lithium batteries there are nothing. Lithium are wotrking on 1,5 V, NiMH on 1,3 max. The difference is visible in AF work. Maybe correction of firmware would solve that (AF algorythms?) but at the moments this is the worst thing in the camera...

05-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I had a K200D for six months before switching for a K20D. It's a GREAT camera, completely underrated. It broke ground as there's some stuff you used to get only on pro-level cameras such as weather sealing. I believe it's the cheapest weather sealing you can buy (perhaps except used K10Ds?)

I loved mine very much and it is on good hands now.

05-28-2009, 02:09 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
little ripper

I just love this camera. I am new to DSLR cameras and love the quality of the pics that I get with this base model. If anyone is thinking of getting a cheap quality camera with value packed then this is the one for you. I have taken this camera around the world in the last year and never had any trouble with it.
05-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
another proud K200D user here..
well grip, all weather proof, long battery life, built in SR, it's a medium level with entry level price..

06-23-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kent Quote
...The biggest problem is batteries. ... Panasonic (rechargable 2600mAh) ... energizer (rechargable 2100mAh)...So probably I'll get Eneloop's
Regular nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries, regardless of their capacity ratings, are nearly worthless with the K200D. You'll have no problems if you use one of the so-called hybrid or low-self-discharge NiMH batteries. I am aware of only 3 hybrids available, the Duracell Pre-Charged, Sanyo Eneloop, and Rayovac Hybrid. All are rated at 2000 or 2100 mAh, and the Duracell and Rayovac may in fact be the same battery with different branding. I have used all three, and in real-life I get about 500-700 shots per set (for comparison, I get about 1100-1200 shots per set of lithium batteries). All seem equivalent, so I would buy whatever you can find the cheapest. Also, among other things, NiMHs are sensitive to overcharging (even including trickle charging) and don't respond well to high temperature charging, so do yourself a favor and get an intelligent charger. You'll save money in the long-run through increased life and better maintenance of energy capacity. Battery chemistry/physics is surprisingly complex, not as simple as putting gas into your car.
07-30-2009, 05:52 AM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K200D is an incredible camera, I was about to buy a Canon and the seller told me:
"Canon is fine, but you can get an excellent, ruggedized camera from PENTAX..."

I have tried it for some months with my 18-250 lense, and both of them are an excellent mix...
08-18-2009, 03:01 AM   #7

That's weird...I used some Kodak precharged NiMH and got ~1000 shots (definitely more than 800) during my vacation in Asia.