Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Not K100D Super reviews

A great one-page overview, Ole! This model does have 'Dust Removal' though. And, while people with even a little more experience than I may use the term 'PEF', the K100D S manual uses the term 'RAW' in the File Format spec box - if that's worth mentioning.
Cheers, Dave.

Last edited by Geronimo; 05-24-2009 at 03:39 PM.
05-28-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
Forum Member

If you can deal with the slower operation this camera has pixel level iq that rivals the k20d. I like the files that come from this camera better than the k10d, especially in jpeg.
07-14-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not much more to add. This has proven to be a GREAT DSLR. I have made excellent prints up to 20x30 straight from the SD card in JPG.

Just a note: The database info shows NO dust removal but it DOES have the feature, which I find effective.

Thanks,
02-26-2010, 04:32 AM   #4
scott_wright

I've had this camera for 2 years and have been relatively happy with it. But the more and more experience I gain and the more I learn the more i start to discover this camera's flaw's. I had a day with a Nikon D90 and a Nikon D700 (and I know they're not in the same price range) but boy what a difference. The K100D Super is great for an entry level DSLR but in low light the camera produces very noisy shots even with the ISO right down, slow operation and slightly difficult menu to comprehend. I give it 8/10 in its class but overall about 6/10. I have tried a Nikon D40 and thats more in its class and the Nikon is just that much better. I'll be looking to upgrade to the Pentax K-7 so I can keep my lenses and have the k100d super as a backup.