Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2007, 12:53 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SupremeMoFo Quote
Well, that's just it - after setting it to 400, and getting the right exposures, tried 200 then 100 and they were both right too. So it's rectified simply by setting to ISO400 and taking a couple of snaps.
Well, this is one out of the box - and one to remember. Weird.

08-12-2007, 11:36 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Of all the crazy things i have heard that one ranks some where up in the middle , well it wasn't quite like sacrificing a goat on the third full moon after the winter solstice, but nearly.
08-13-2007, 12:37 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cideway Quote
Of all the crazy things i have heard that one ranks some where up in the middle , well it wasn't quite like sacrificing a goat on the third full moon after the winter solstice, but nearly.
... Cideway! You NEVER EVER sacrafice the goat on a full moon......only on a NEW moon! :ugh:
Goodness boy, what did your mother teach you! tsk tsk.
08-13-2007, 02:30 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Especially since it didn't work... (see sig) I put it into C R Kennedy's Adelaide office for it to get repaired last week, and was exceptionally lucky to get a K100D as a loaner.

08-13-2007, 06:23 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
... Cideway! You NEVER EVER sacrafice the goat on a full moon......only on a NEW moon! :ugh:
Goodness boy, what did your mother teach you! tsk tsk.
New moon, are you daft!?! Stop reading HP Lovecraftt. You sacrifice a chicken on the new moon and a goat and an ocelot every second full moon that falls on a Tuesday when the month ends in R.

Just what are you trying to unleash on the world?
08-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arbutusq Quote
New moon, are you daft!?! Stop reading HP Lovecraftt. You sacrifice a chicken on the new moon and a goat and an ocelot every second full moon that falls on a Tuesday when the month ends in R.

Just what are you trying to unleash on the world?
chuckle chuckle......not so in the southern hemisphere.
08-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
chuckle chuckle......not so in the southern hemisphere.
I stand corrected, I presume you do the sacrifice walking three times around the goat Widdershins wearing a Phrygian cap and jackboots.

OK Ill stop now....

08-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Okay. While I realize you guys (Cideway, GWP, & Steve) are just joking, one still has to wonder why you would be this aware of ritual goat sacrificing and why all this would be running inside your obviously strange little minds. Hummmmm.

stewart
08-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
Okay. While I realize you guys (Cideway, GWP, & Steve) are just joking, one still has to wonder why you would be this aware of ritual goat sacrificing and why all this would be running inside your obviously strange little minds. Hummmmm.

stewart
....joking???

08-13-2007, 08:40 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote

stewart
You OBVIOUSLY aren't a true Pentaxian are you.....
08-13-2007, 11:37 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by arbutusq Quote
You OBVIOUSLY aren't a true Pentaxian are you.....

Okay, you caught me. I might as well confess it all. I didn't read every page of the owners manual, so missed the part about the goat sacrifice. But even more shameful, I don't even have a goat. Can I use my neighbor's cat this time if I promise to have a real goat by the next sacrifice? Never liked that stupid cat anyway, so the ritual will be done with some gusto.

I would attempt to find a virgin to sacrifice, but everyone knows how difficult that can be today. A young lady old enough for the ritual and still a virgin is often scarier looking than the masks associated with the ritual itself.

Oh, my. I best stop before women readers decide to burn me at the stake.

stewart
08-14-2007, 01:27 AM   #27
Veteran Member

There once was a girl named McGinnity
Who until the age of 12 kept her virginity
And that is quite a record for this vicinity