Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2010, 06:13 AM   #1
Veteran Member

keep/avoid flash shadow w/single flash

All done with single flash and of course with flash shadow. Did I blend those in well enough? Or you find them distracting?
Taken yesterday in a fashion show with distracting background just behind the subjects

Daniel

05-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Daniel,

Did you post in the wrong section? Maybe the mods will move this over to the critiques/posting section? Either way, my two cents:

What color space did you use for these? In my browser (Google Chrome), the majority of the pics seem adequately lighted, but with really cold white balance. The few in the middle (after the girl with the crazy eyes) seem properly white balanced. The rest look as if they need to be warmed up, as they have this cool (blue) hue to them. Many of the shadows are a distractingly blue color as well. If it's not my browser - an hour in PP with this should clean them right up, though.

Test with an attempt at warmer WB:
05-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by writeb Quote
Hey Daniel,

Did you post in the wrong section? Maybe the mods will move this over to the critiques/posting section? Either way, my two cents:

What color space did you use for these? In my browser (Google Chrome), the majority of the pics seem adequately lighted, but with really cold white balance. The few in the middle (after the girl with the crazy eyes) seem properly white balanced. The rest look as if they need to be warmed up, as they have this cool (blue) hue to them. Many of the shadows are a distractingly blue color as well. If it's not my browser - an hour in PP with this should clean them right up, though.
Thanks for your input and you are right about the need to get warmer pp. I am just lazy for not doing the pp

Daniel