Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I agree it's well built, especially compared to the wireless flash triggers :-)

I haven't been able to find the frequency oscillator for the receiver (you can pop it open by undoing the screws and then pushing the edges in gently like you did w/ the transmitter). On the transmitter, the 433MHz oscillator is at the lower right in your photo.

FYI, it's not 16 frequencies on that dip switch. It's 16 codes on 433MHz. That's why it interferes w/ the wireless flash triggers which run on the same frequency. What happens is the YongNuo continuously transmits the shutter pressed msg and this interferes w/ the remote flash firing...

08-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #32
Inactive Account

Original Poster
To "kenyee"

QuoteQuote:
FYI, it's not 16 frequencies on that dip switch. It's 16 codes on 433MHz.
I have just 'amended' the erroneous image and bow to your superior knowledge 16 times in a row, oh wise one..........Having been so seriously 'chastised', I have to say that whenever possible, I always try to avoid flash as a light source and haven't used a camera in a professional studio, so the interference problem is probably more of a PITA for you than I !!!
Nice piece of kit though, for 'velly littil wedgy of dollah bills'...me likey !! Wife likey also, as 'more left in kitty for dress fund'......ah so, 'Confuciusly Confused' as always !

Best regards ('orientally-speaking')
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 08-17-2007 at 11:59 AM.
08-13-2007, 07:13 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
On a different note, for us US folks, these are inexpensive IR remotes and look better than the one you posted originally. I'm going to get the generic multi-camera one...can't beat $5 shipped :-)
http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=2882
http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=2877
08-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #34
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
The remote I was given by Pentax doesn't look like that. This is what I received...Very tiny. Smaller than a USB key.
Yep, it's a little jewel. Personally, I wouldn't want to be seen pointing a TV remote at my camera in a group photo. Pentax did a great job integrating the remote into the battery grip.

And to the person worried about losing the tiny remote in his pocket, put it back in the grip, not your pocket when you aren't using it.

08-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Original Poster
To "egarrard"

QuoteQuote:
put it (the remote) back in the grip, not your pocket when you aren't using it.
Ah but maybe you're mistakenly ASSUMING that everybody who owns a K10D automatically buys the D BG-2 grip and leaves it permanently attached to the camera ???? If you hadn't purchased the grip or you had, but it was left OFF the camera for some reason, then you'd quite possibly slip the r/c into a convenient trouser or shirt pocket and then unintentionally forget it's there. A few days later when taking your clothes out of the washing-machine you'd discover to your annoyance that 'hey presto'......you're already one-step-ahead-of-me here.......you're left with one slightly soaked but useless remote-control ! Even with the grip attached, what you're suggesting entails toying around with the tiny but fiddly little catch on the grip each time in order to re-insert it ! That would get to me after a while, but others might not find it such an inconvenience ?

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 08-16-2007 at 06:08 PM.