Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You guys are killing me with the caps. Fixed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
pentax k-x or not?

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
We would be able to read it in the above format as well

Which old lenses do you have? K-mounts will work (be careful if you have a lens with the infamous Ricoh pin). It might be full manual (no AF, no automatic exposure). M42 screwmounts will work with an adaptor.

It's not shouting. Just indicating that the camera needs to have a magnifying eyepiece as well.
i have the pentax k1000 yes it's old but very good i would have a newer pentax but i was givein a fuji finepix s8000fd [very good camera] so i didn't buy another camera with a new one already but i thought it was time to buy a new one the bigger the better!!!!!
05-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #18
Tan
Inactive Account

C'mon, Go for K-x.

You will not be disappointed.
05-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #19
Forum Member

now for the Evil report

went to the white side with the K-X, cannot go to the dark side, my K-X is white... unless you are in Japan and buy the multi-colored K-X... I tried playing with mine today, just received it by Fedex this evening. so here what I would do, download the manual from http://www.pentaximaging.com for the camera to read to believe this. on page 91, it tells you in the MANUAL how to set the AUTO ISO to ISO 100~12800. yes it is that high and takes great pictures.. the LV button is called LiveView, you actually can take a picture with the screen showing, it focuses and blurs to check focus. the camera comes in several colors, purple, blue, green, orange, white, black, red, navy. 11 point focusing. compatible with 19 MILLION Pentax lenses alone, plus countless 3rd party lenses such as Sigma (or Bigma as some call the very heavy glass lenses, I love my 70MM~300MM, with MACRO.) I tried a test shot of my little dog, ISO @ 12800 1/50 and 5.6 APP. will try with AF360 Flash unit, what fun to try. OH, last thing, it came with Firmware 1.00, installed update to version 1.01. naturally, I added my copyright information to be saved and tried RAW in the Adobe DNG format, better, it also saved in JPEG format as well. as for batteries, there is a setting to either use AUTO, NIMH, Lithium, or Alkaline batteries. even doing video, taking pictures, and using LiveView, batteries still full. turning the camera on (only has ON/OFF funtions, no DPOF on it.) the on light is blue, even off, insert the SD/SDHC card, the red light blinks. turn the camera on, a card in the slot, red light blinks, if not, no card in camera. I could go on, but reading the manual will allow you to help choose if you will like it. the K-7, has a 14.6 MP chip, 77 point metering, costs about 2X more than the K-X.. not a bad big brother to the K-X in features.