Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Are you getting the SR clunk in yours? Mine doesn't have it.
What's the SR clunk?

05-11-2010, 06:54 PM - 1 Like   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
From that link:

So I don't get the quote. Are we to take it that:

1. You are sticking up for this behavior, with the OP trolloping all over every thread on this forum posting inanities and half-baked comments about subjects where little or nothing was known and less contributed in a bald effort to win the k-x contest (with a known possible outcome of a camera in a color the op "doesn't see" himself in), only to cry sour grapes at the end and use this forum to crow about the hard-won victory while secretly looking to dump the win for "any other camera?"

-or-

2. You are just as put off by the juvenile behavior and are pointing out that all this sound and fury is being generated by some whiny, insufferable, entitled brat so worried about appearance and the color of the item he trampled over all good sense to win that he would forfeit all the hard work over some misguided vanity?

-or-

3. Just generally miffed that the OP couldn't bring himself to go quietly into the night after generating so much hubbub all over this forum over himself and his quest to "win the contest," and felt the need to grace us with a heartfelt nanny nanny boo boo to cap off the bad taste? (oh wait, that last one was me. Sorry)

Seriously. I know I'm in crabby old man mode, but when will this drama end? Just go away and take some pictures, jct. Crap like this post contributes nothing to this forum.
05-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jedcaum Quote
So I don't get the quote. Are we to take it that:

1. You are sticking up for this behavior, with the OP trolloping all over every thread on this forum posting inanities and half-baked comments about subjects where little or nothing was known and less contributed in a bald effort to win the k-x contest (with a known possible outcome of a camera in a color the op "doesn't see" himself in), only to cry sour grapes at the end and use this forum to crow about the hard-won victory while secretly looking to dump the win for "any other camera?"

-or-

2. You are just as put off by the juvenile behavior and are pointing out that all this sound and fury is being generated by some whiny, insufferable, entitled brat so worried about appearance and the color of the item he trampled over all good sense to win that he would forfeit all the hard work over some misguided vanity?

-or-

3. Just generally miffed that the OP couldn't bring himself to go quietly into the night after generating so much hubbub all over this forum over himself and his quest to "win the contest," and felt the need to grace us with a heartfelt nanny nanny boo boo to cap off the bad taste? (oh wait, that last one was me. Sorry)

Seriously. I know I'm in crabby old man mode, but when will this drama end? Just go away and take some pictures, jct. Crap like this post contributes nothing to this forum.
No offense buddy but you have 14 posts and I have never seen you before, so there's some kind of bandwagon effect going on here if you want to try to draw that many conclusions.

It should also be noted that the WINNER of the contest DID sell their camera, ON THIS FORUM, but nobody seems to care about that...but I digress. I won the camera that I want and I'm going to keep it because it's not ethical to me to sell a perfectly good prize that I wanted, if I had got the red one as I originally was planned to, then I would have got something else because the red one is worth so much less and I'm not in the suitable demographic for the red K-x. But why does any of this matter now anyways, my K-x is staying in my hands and I'm not getting rid of it.
05-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
No offense buddy but you have 14 posts and I have never seen you before, so there's some kind of bandwagon effect going on here if you want to try to draw that many conclusions.

It should also be noted that the WINNER of the contest DID sell their camera, ON THIS FORUM, but nobody seems to care about that...but I digress. I won the camera that I want and I'm going to keep it because it's not ethical to me to sell a perfectly good prize that I wanted, if I had got the red one as I originally was planned to, then I would have got something else because the red one is worth so much less and I'm not in the suitable demographic for the red K-x. But why does any of this matter now anyways, my K-x is staying in my hands and I'm not getting rid of it.

Don't call me buddy, chief.

Just because I don't post every vapid bit of nonsense that enters my head doesn't mean I haven't lurked on this forum extensively. Even a cursory reading of late would turn up plenty enough of your 'contributions' for a person to make their own judgment, sans wagon.

My guess? The other winner didn't get any grief because he didn't a) make a deafening noise and all sorts of posts of dubious import in a self-professed rush to win or b) sneak off to another forum to ditch it while crowing on this one about his victory.

These are mistakes of youth and exuberance. I get it. But I don't have to like it, especially when I have to wade through pages of it to get to actual interesting information on a forum I find valuable, that others treat as their own private playground.

I'm glad you're keeping your camera. I hope it brings you much silent joy out in the wilds taking pictures. Solitude. Serenity. The gravity that comes with having little to say but much to impart when you do.

Would that your new camera teaches you all of that.

05-11-2010, 07:27 PM - 1 Like   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Your assumptions about my activities aren't even accurate, so just give it up.
05-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
wow.... somebody just setup the fire,,,,
05-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You are getting into some really uncomfortable territory. Drop it.

05-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #38

You are getting into some really uncomfortable territory. Drop it.

That's better. I'll take it as contrition. I'm done.
05-12-2010, 02:44 AM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

Congratulations! 3,000 some-odd posts on a Pentax forum later you finally have a Pentax.
05-12-2010, 06:20 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noahpurdy Quote
Congratulations! 3,000 some-odd posts on a Pentax forum later you finally have a Pentax.
Post of the day to you!

I am also amused by the fact that JCT posted what, 200 times a day during the contest? The post count has now been reduced to a half dozen, mostly defending this flame-bait of a thread.
05-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #41
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jedcaum Quote
So I don't get the quote.
I was pointing out that he wasn't unhappy that it was a K-X, he was unhappy with it being a red K-X. He stated clearly that his ideal outcome would be to get a black K-X in exchange.
05-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Because everyone knows the colour of the camera affects how good your photos will be
05-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What's the SR clunk?
See the sticky thread at the top of this or the beginner's forum. every single pentax model with SR - including whichever Ira owns - will make a sound if you turn the camera in just the right way in an environment quiet enough to hear it. it's the sound of the sensor shifting within the SR unit. Many people have never happened to turn it just right in a quiet enough environment and just never noticed it, but it's *always* there, and and a distressing large number of people post frantic messages here asking if their camera is broken, apparently not having noticed the hundred-some-odd previous threads or the sticky thread on the topic.
05-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Why hasn't this thread been moved to "General Talk"?

Jason
The general retired after damaging his eyesight trying to read that first photo.

Mickey
05-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
See the sticky thread at the top of this or the beginner's forum. every single pentax model with SR - including whichever Ira owns - will make a sound if you turn the camera in just the right way in an environment quiet enough to hear it. it's the sound of the sensor shifting within the SR unit. Many people have never happened to turn it just right in a quiet enough environment and just never noticed it, but it's *always* there, and and a distressing large number of people post frantic messages here asking if their camera is broken, apparently not having noticed the hundred-some-odd previous threads or the sticky thread on the topic.
Oh, the K100D Super had the same thing...I didn't even notice it but yeah it's there. The camera works perfectly as far as I can tell.

To everyone else, this thread was for me to showcase the prize that I won on the forum because of my hard work (that may be objective, but it doesn't matter now anyways) in making as many posts as I did. I would like to thank everyone who put up with me making all of those posts because now I have a beautiful camera that I have no intention of selling or trading or anything.