Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Just got K10D but....

Why is it so hard to get a 50mm 1.4 lens. No one seems to have one. Anyone know where I could find one?

11-28-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
roy
Inactive Account

eekbay
90% of my gear came from there.. just know what you are buying..
11-28-2006, 08:57 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is a shop in town (Boise, Idaho) that has at least one, maybe more. I think they are asking full price for it though. $299. They don't show it on their web site but I just saw it yesterday.

Idahocamera.com ~ 1-877-323-8734 if you want to e-mail them about it.
11-28-2006, 09:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Henry's Photo - Video - Digital

but it is buy special order

11-28-2006, 11:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

B&H usually gets them, but it is spotty. You just have to keep checking and jump on one when they show in stock.

I know this doesn't help if you need one now, but I think Pentax is trying to deplete their inventory of FA50 f1.4s in anticipation of the new DA55 due out next year.
11-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
I know this doesn't help if you need one now, but I think Pentax is trying to deplete their inventory of FA50 f1.4s in anticipation of the new DA55 due out next year.
I don't think so, since DA can't replace FA on film bodies...

You can get the lens new from Pentax's site, buy they're pricey.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
I don't think so, since DA can't replace FA on film bodies...

You can get the lens new from Pentax's site, buy they're pricey.
Are you sure? I do not think they are supporting film bodies anymore.

They who have ones (any?) are obviously selling last production run now and new lenses will replace it next year.

I tried to get one this autum and was even willing to pay full price but couldnt find any dealer having it or capable to get one by ordering it from Pentax.. Found one almost new one from eekbay and paid very salty price for it....

11-28-2006, 01:34 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I just checked Pentax's site, and it's in stock. They'd better not stop supporting film!

See the second page of SLR lenses in their store: https://pc-wweb.pentax.com/scripts/wgate/zw20_pc/!?~language=en&~Okcode=star...rea=0000000001

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-28-2006, 11:48 PM   #9
Inactive Account

I heard from a Pentax rep about two years ago that the FA50 f1.4 was discontinued. Then three weeks ago I heard from a new Pentax rep that they had to put it back into production because of demand. The store here couldn't get any for a long time and now they have several.