Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dmdctusa Quote
As noted in a previous post the upper left hand area (in the blue sky) exhibits a similar pattern. My best guess that the there is a mis-alignment or other fault in the bayer pattern screen.

If so this would clearly be a warranty issue.

By the way have you upgraded to firmware 1.30 yet? If not, you might want to do so to see if it makes any difference. Sometimes the firmware contains un-documented changes to the image processing software.

I have no similar issue with my K10D @ firmware 1.30.
Thanks, David. Not sure what that is, but I appreciate you providing an answer that makes some sense! I have upgraded to 1.30 and the RAW files still have issues at ISO 200 or higher. JPEG seems much better. Once I get back from vacation I am sending it in just to be sure.

08-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #17

I havn't seen it on my K10D's pictures, but those pattern looks like herringbone patterns or interference patterns on a TV set. Were there any other electronic devices or high power lines near by when you shot those pictures? If they are interference patterns, then either your camera's electronic noise shield is not fully functioning or a very strong interference signal is affecting it when the picture was taken. One thing to try is to turn on continous shooting mode and take a few of the very same picture and examine it to see if the patterns on each pictures are the exactly the same or they shift slightly.