Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2010, 04:44 AM   #1
Pentaxian
LFLee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Western MA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,264
Limited Silver K-7

Did anyone know where can I buy a limited sliver k-7 ?

05-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Jasvox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,110
Japan.

Jason
05-14-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
I have Nubi to thank for helping me get mine....

If you do find someone that can help, make arrangements to get the international warranty with it. There are also new laws in Japan preventing Papal from transferring funds between individuals, so if you use paypal, you need to list it as being used for goods, which means Paypal will take their percentage. You also might have to pay some duty?

Steve
05-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Mechan1k's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,891
I think i read somewhere thought that the remainder of the colours will be available soon worldwide ... so keep an eye out.

05-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
Pentaxian
LFLee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Western MA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,264
Original Poster
How much did you get yours, Steve?

Simon, I mean K-7, not K-x,

Thanks for all the info!
05-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Mechan1k's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,891
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
How much did you get yours, Steve?

Simon, I mean K-7, not K-x,

Thanks for all the info!
Doh ... I should have read it properly ... it has been a long night at work.
05-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Did anyone know where can I buy a limited sliver k-7 ?
Try japan exposures | a personal introduction to Japanese photography. They help out with hard to locate items direct from Japan. Recommended. Actually it's listed in their store now.

Last edited by baldeagle21b; 05-14-2010 at 02:55 PM.
05-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 299
all i see is Pentax K X ...not k7...

sorry...my mistakes ... :d
http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=377


Last edited by ewig; 05-14-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: link
05-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #9
Nubi
Guest




I am going to Tokyo from June 3 to 13th.

If anyone is as seriously interested as Steve was in Silver K-7, pm me please. I suppose I can also pick up probably any K-x color that one might like.

We maybe able to work something out.

I dunno what I am picking up for myself, but I know one thing for sure. I've been told that I will probably get to play with a 645D.
05-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
I am going to Tokyo from June 3 to 13th.

If anyone is as seriously interested as Steve was in Silver K-7, pm me please. I suppose I can also pick up probably any K-x color that one might like.

We maybe able to work something out.

I dunno what I am picking up for myself, but I know one thing for sure. I've been told that I will probably get to play with a 645D.
and again, a big thanks for helping get mine. Hopefully I can return the favor somehow in the future.

Anyone in Canada that already has a K-7, you might find that you can pick up a K-7 Silver for not that much more than selling your black one. In other countries, it might be a little more.

Oh...the 645D....I seem to have some 645 glass including a FA*300 and an A*600 sitting on the shelf looking for a 645d...but it'll have to wait a while
05-14-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
Nubi
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
and again, a big thanks for helping get mine. Hopefully I can return the favor somehow in the future.

Anyone in Canada that already has a K-7, you might find that you can pick up a K-7 Silver for not that much more than selling your black one. In other countries, it might be a little more.

Oh...the 645D....I seem to have some 645 glass including a FA*300 and an A*600 sitting on the shelf looking for a 645d...but it'll have to wait a while


Your welcome, Steve!! I am glad that I can contribute to your arsenal of Pentax gear. How about letting me break into your house when nobody is around??? I only need few minutes there!!

I may pick up a silver one myself and sell my black one. As for 645D, my plan is to go for it in about 12 months. The thing is that I am printing larger and larger with my Epson 3880. In that regards I am beginning to see the limitation of K-7, although having used K-7 for a year, i have to say that it is by far the most under-rated camera on the market.
05-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Perth Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,512
japan exposures are good, used them before to get a custom kx.
05-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
Your welcome, Steve!! I am glad that I can contribute to your arsenal of Pentax gear. How about letting me break into your house when nobody is around??? I only need few minutes there!!

I may pick up a silver one myself and sell my black one. As for 645D, my plan is to go for it in about 12 months. The thing is that I am printing larger and larger with my Epson 3880. In that regards I am beginning to see the limitation of K-7, although having used K-7 for a year, i have to say that it is by far the most under-rated camera on the market.
I've unloaded most of my new glass but since I seem to use the older stuff, it seems to make sense for me. I don't know when the 645d will get here but I don't see getting one for at least a year or two after they arrive. Sure would like to pick one up to try it out though!
05-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,691
I picked one up from an online Japanese store, and got it shipped straight to here. Contact Ole for the specifics if you're interested in details!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
Just to make it more tempting.....eye candy....

with the 31...


with a K200.....

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k-7, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted - Acquired: Silver Limited K-7 Adam Sold Items 2 04-04-2010 09:13 AM
K-7 Limited Silver Septrain Pentax DSLR Discussion 36 04-02-2010 03:01 AM
photo of silver limited ryno Pentax Film SLR Discussion 31 04-06-2009 08:00 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax 43mm limited(Silver) and 77mm limited(Silver) and more pighead Sold Items 17 03-14-2009 11:35 AM
For Sale - Sold: FA limited 43mm/f1.9 (black), FA limited 77mm/f1.8 (silver), FA 28-105mm/f3.2- chemxaj Sold Items 24 10-16-2008 11:17 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top