Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #1

Carl is reviewing both Pentax cameras on AMW

I think the Pentax cameras are getting good reviews on www.alphamountworld.com . Carl is doing a day by day review of both cameras as he uses them. I just thought Pentax users may want to check them out. There may be some Sony users switching to Pentax soon.
Here is the link: Pentax K7 Review - AlphaMountWorld.com
and Pentax K-x Review - AlphaMountWorld.com

He will be adding to it as he uses the cameras in the field.

05-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I didn't bother registering to leave comments. The review seemed good, but was tough to read because of strange comma placement. One or two are acceptable, but with so many errors I started reading as an editor and not as a photographer and wasn't able to enjoy the text. I actually quit reading after a while.
05-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Interesting review at alphamountworld. Lots of good info. I have very large hands and have stayed with the K10D because I couldn't justify jumping to the k20 and then the K7 with gobs o' features was too small for my sasquatch hands! LOL that's Murphys Law for ya!
05-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Inactive Account

You know, you are right about the comma placement. This winter my childs kindergarten teacher sent home a note about the upcoming Christmas party full of spelling and grammatical errors. Needless to say I returned it signed and in red pencil with carets. Bet you love texting!

05-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I only text under duress.
05-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #6

Thank you Dragonfly

QuoteOriginally posted by dragonfly Quote
I didn't bother registering to leave comments. The review seemed good, but was tough to read because of strange comma placement. One or two are acceptable, but with so many errors I started reading as an editor and not as a photographer and wasn't able to enjoy the text. I actually quit reading after a while.
As difficult as it was for me to read this I do appreciate your honesty here. I went through the K-x review already and took out about 2 zillion commas. Hopefully others won't wince now as you have.

Carl

Edit: I've now gone through and removes a zillion more commas on the K7 review as well. Apparently a very bad habit of mine I will address in all further reviews. This is something I should have been doing a long time ago.

Last edited by Rush2112; 05-14-2010 at 04:02 PM.
05-16-2010, 04:25 AM   #7
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Carl
Thank you for the thorough review. It is refreshing to read the review comments of someone who likes the camera and is honest in the pros and cons of the camera.

I learned some features of the K-7 that I did not use yet. Well done!
05-16-2010, 04:44 AM   #8

Thanks HCC, I'm not done yet!

Just keep on addin to it.