Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #1

Warranty Cards

My Pentax K-x arrived without "warranty cards" to be filled out and returned. There are cards referred to as "Serial Number Cards" to be held onto.

Is this something new? I am used to having to fill out these cards? It makes me wonder if my camera was a returned product?

05-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's usually a white piece of paper with the serial number number on it, the barcode/serial number (I don't remember exactly) of which should be visible through a hole on the box. If this isn't the case, then yes, your camera might have been a returned or opened product.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
xjx
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
The concept of "warranty cards" is so out-of-date and the cards no longer come with the camera. You don't need that for warranty service. If you really want to send your information to Pentax you can always go to their web site (Register Products - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site). The "serial number cards" should be in the box.
05-17-2010, 04:04 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks, all.
I found 2 serial number cards in the box, 1 for the camera and another for a lens (not sure which lens as the kit came with 2). But as it is a kit box, there is no "window" for the serial number to show through. For that matter, I don't think I have a document that states the terms of the warranty itself.

05-17-2010, 06:13 AM   #5
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine didn't come with the cards either. I just registered online.

Also, and I'm guessing here, Pentax knows that those lenses were sold with that kit, so you don't necessarily need to register their individual numbers.