Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #1

K-7 Mirror lockup and timelapses

First, sorry if this has been asked before, tried so search with no success.

So, is there any way to "force" mirror lockup in K-7 so that for example taking a timelapse mirror would be up the whole time.

If I now set the camera to mirror lockup it works like...

1:Shutter press -> Mirror goes up
2:Shutter press -> Shutter actuation and mirror goes down
and this goes on...

So Can I set mirror to be up for "X" number of shots?

Probably not, but doesn't hurt to ask

-J

05-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't think so - not possible on my K20D, except when using the 2 sec delay, then the mirror locks up when the shutter is depressed and 2 sec leater the shutter fires. I'm *assuming* the K-7 is the same???
05-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
Don't think so - not possible on my K20D, except when using the 2 sec delay, then the mirror locks up when the shutter is depressed and 2 sec leater the shutter fires. I'm *assuming* the K-7 is the same???
K-7 has quite a few improvements to MLU functionality I think, many as a result of the new bracketing features. (For example, as I understand it, a single MLU prior to firing off a full bracket, as opposed to the K20D which does a 2-second MLU delay prior to each shot in a bracket if 2-second delay is enabled.)
Closed Thread