Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2007, 12:24 PM   #1

dropped my K100D

I recently had a problem with my camera which was the menu and FN screen will just go off while I was still in the session of changing some parameters. It was fustrating but I lived with it since I do not change those parameters very often. A few weeks back, I dropped my camera and busted my lense but no damages to the body. Funny things is the drop seems to have fixed the other problems. This could be similar to people having problems with their Sony camcorder and there is a last resort suggestion out in the net to just slap the camcorder hard a few times. I had the same problem with my Sony camcorder and the slapping worked.

07-31-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Sorry about your lens but glad to see it fixed the camera issue. I don't think I am quite ready to place you on my list of fix it shops yet!!!
07-31-2007, 01:13 PM   #3

Lol.

What problems did it fix?
07-31-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

sure you weren't pressing the shutter release just a tiny bit while in the Fn menu? I think that will kick you out of all the menus and go back to shooting mode.

I've done that umpteen million times changing the drive mode and white balance, I can't even begin to count.

07-31-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Some older sigma lenses have been know to cause the Fn menu to quit back to shooting mode like that.
07-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #6

Touchign the shutter release button could indeed have ben the culprit for you. I know when I hadn my K10 to people to view their photos and I forget to turn the grip off, they tend to touch it with their hand and the camera instantly returns to shooting mode.

OF course, the fall may have fixed some other issue as well. Either way, glad to hear you got it taken care of!!!!!!!
08-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #7

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure I did not touch the shuttle release while I'm in the menu and FN sessions. I just know the problems are gone after the camera was dropped. I'm sure this is just serendipity but I thought I share because it's sort of funny. Just like we see on TV or movies, if the radio does not work in the car, just bang on the dash. At least I can say that not only my camera did not break but actually improved.