Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2007, 05:37 PM   #1

SD-Card??????????

Hi, can I use a 4GB TRANSCEND 150x SD Card in my Pentax K-100-D?? Reply to: rvguy333@yahoo.com with your response. Thanks much Tom

07-31-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Tom,

First off, yes, you can use that card. Second, please don't post your email address anywhere on the site without first replacing the @ with [at]. If you don't do this, you're risking search engines will index it, and your address might fall into the wrong hands.

If you would like to receive e-mail notifications about replies to your threads, please set the appropriate option in the User CP.

Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-01-2007, 05:32 AM   #3
Forum Member

sd card question

yes you can, but more likely you will have 999 pictures you can take on camera with the card and it will not go down until you have used enough memory to make the counter reduce. also, you have to have the firmware version of 1.01 to support your card to check, turn camera off, the hold the menu key and turn the camera on, it will tell you your firmware version. mine came with version 1.00. if you need the firmware update, just lookup pentaxslr.ccom and look for updates. use the AC cable if you have it or use brand new batteries, I almost failed with the update using rechargeable ni-mh batteries that had not been fully tested of which set is not fully recharged. if you wonder about speed of cards, here was pentax answer to me about them, I removed my email address from the message, basically, any SD card with work and any memory size, as long as you have firmware 1.01 or higher to support the fat32 format the cards use. any card under 2 GB used fat12/16 and was limited to 2 GB:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

It just how fast the information writes to the disk.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Jason Sundin
Pentax Imaging Technical Support

Your Email:

Does the x factor of the card matter with saving, or do the cards save at the same speed writing either way? I ordered the K100D, and it is nice to know that it can use the 4 GB and larger cards with the firmware update, this will be my 3rd Pentax SLR camera.pentaxinfo@pentax.com> To: Subject: I was wondering about the k110d and k100d camera b...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 05:41:27 +0200> > Dear Sir/Madam,> > Thank you for contacting Pentax.> > I used a 150X card, which I find to be sufficient.> > If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.> > Sincerely, > Dorian Black> Pentax Imaging Technical Support> > I was wondering about the k110d and k100d camera bodies, they both do use the SD/MMC cards, but I was wondering if it supports the high capacity cards that are rated to download and save at high speeds? I have read about cards that can save at a rate of 33MB per second, but I wondered if the higher speed and cost with them would be worth the extra cost or if I would be just as well to go to walmart and just buy a PNY 2 GB SD card for $20 to save pictures to. usually the cards are listed as rated as 133X to 256X speeds.> >