Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
Inactive Account

[langtitle=fi]noise at K7 viewfinder[/langtitle]

Hi all!

I just bought a brandnew Pentax K7 camera with 18-55 kit lens. I like my new camera very much, but I have a little problem.

There seems to be a lot of noise in viewfinder, samekind if I take a photo with ISO 3200 or more. Is this normal with Pentax k7 or is there something wrong in viewfinder. Photographs seems to be normal ( no noise) in LCD screen and also in computer.

Thank you very much and sorry about my bad english.

05-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #2
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you elaborate a little? I am not sure what you mean by noise. Like high ISO noise? The viewfinder is a reflected (and refracted) view of your subject through the lens, so there is no artificial rendering (except for all of the information the camera gives you).
05-22-2010, 06:48 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
My guess is that he thinks the viewfinder is not 100% clear but a little textured - this is normal.
05-22-2010, 06:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
May be the automated translation is off? But are you really taslking about the optical viewfinder or about the preview on the lcd screen?

In the optical viewfinder there is a matte screen, which has a fine grained texture, which may become visible under dim light (which would match your high ISO requirement) - but this graininess has nothing to do with electronic noise and it has nothing to do with ISO setting - it is only dependend on the ambient light. That is basically the same with any SLR, be it digital or film.

05-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Yes, I was talking about optical viewfinder. I guess a little texture there is normal. In my previous camera it wasnt that visible.

Thank you for answering!
05-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Joo se on normaalia, focusing screen aiheuttaa sen.

Terveisin, Miikka.
05-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by alex76 Quote
Yes, I was talking about optical viewfinder. I guess a little texture there is normal. In my previous camera it wasnt that visible.

Thank you for answering!

I think you will see this granular appearence in the viewfinder when you are out of focus. It disappears on achieving spot-on focus. As has been noted it is more apparent in low light. Nothing to worry about!

Archie
05-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Pentaxian

As others have said, it's normal. The focusing screen needs to have some texture in order to work. I suspect your last camera was a point and shoot which does not have a focusing screen in the light path.

05-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Ok. Now that I know its normal, it doesnt bother me at all anymore. ;-)