Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
did you copy this from my article? I guess you took my advice about it.

although you really dont have to push it real hard. what happens is that when you insert the SD card backwards, it will loosen up the internal tight frame mechanism that is hugging the card. the backside of the SD card is thicker than the front pin area. actually, I did this by accident and just noticed that the slot had become loose.
It could be. I don't remember where I read it, but someone suggested it (probably you) and I took their advice and amazingly it worked!

05-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Of course it's ok to copy it to the DIY section.

In my case the SD gets out of the slot halfway (when pushed in), the tape helps me to remove it more easily, because without the tape it very hard for me to get enough grip on the SD card to get it out (I don't think I have that big fingers though).
05-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #18
Pentaxian

@haifisch18, no problem. (hard to emote well with email)

FYI, I wrote to the service center to have them check up on my camera to see if they thought my card slot was "bad". They wrote back that many of the K7 card slots are stiff. They could replace my circuit board while the camera was there anyway, but there would be no guarantee that the behavior would be any better.

I suspect my board will need replacing so I'll hope it will have a better quick-releasing card slot along with it. :-) :-)
05-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #19

The K200D has the same problem but all of those cards have a fingernail slot on them. Once I learned to use it, my problems with getting cards out disappeared.

05-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #20
Forum Member

The dimensional tolerances per batch or from one manufacturer to the next probably results in this. This a common sense and reliable fix.

Thanks
05-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have no problem getting mine out..... same with my K200d which are both similar
05-24-2010, 06:47 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom in Delaware Quote
The K200D has the same problem but all of those cards have a fingernail slot on them. Once I learned to use it, my problems with getting cards out disappeared.
And I thought my cards were special.... I mean really, what's so hard about using the finger nail slot? The OP's tape just covers the slot anyway.
05-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Copying it now

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Some of the cards that I use in my K10D pop out with no resistance at all and others do stick a bit, but it is by no means held tightly.

So it might not be the camera but the dimensions of the card too.
05-25-2010, 04:21 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

I wonder if it would help to coat the cards in KY Jelly?
05-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #26
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
No way. The KY isn't even available yet. Besides, he has a K7.
05-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
10-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #28
Site Supporter

mine just started to keep cards!

I've had my K7 for months now and previous to today, any SD card just popped out perfectly. No issues whatsoever.

But for some reason, 2 issues started happening.

1. the lexar platinum II sdhc 4 class card which I've used exclusively this camera since i got it, goes in perfectly. Pops out perfectly. BUT can NOT be formatted or 'read' by the camera. When I snap a pic, I get the "no card in the camera' message.

2. if I put in ANY other SD card, not only do they work, but they also get incredibly jammed in the slot. I have to use something else to jam the edge of the card so it goes down to activate the popping mechanism and then it doesn't pop all the way - I have to use my fingernails to pull it out.

So, to me, it's almost as if the K7 isn't reading the Lexar card b/c it's not inserted properly. Otherwise, why does it pop out perfectly while the others don't and they are the ones which can be used?

This card does work in my Canon SD1200 and my drift innovation headcam (although it does record an annoying beeping sound throughout the audio - i'm thinking it's b/c I'm shooting 1080P and the 4 class just can't handle it). I tried the newer lexar professional class 10 card I got for the drift HD170 and the audio is perfect (again, this card works in my K7, but gets 'stuck' ).

Unless, something is screwed up with the lexar 4 class card?

To reiterate again, prior to this day, no card EVER got stuck in my camera. I haven't dropped it or anything. I just don't understand.

Cheers,
keebler