Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-17-2012, 05:30 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wkrider Quote
So what I read from this thread is that if I lower my pixel setting but keep the pixel quality high, and bump up my sharpness that it should help with blurryness at 200. My K-7 takes great pictures 18-about 150 but out at 200 they get a bit blurry, look out of focus, just s bit. It tried a focus test and adjustment but I am not sure that I noticed a difference on the shots. I made the above changes and will see if it makes any difference.
I don't think your conclusion hits the point. Your examples are poorly focused. That is the main issue. The fence is sharp, not the kid, the blinds are in focus, not the kids. That is the issue, you should address.

When you've resolved that main issue, you can experiemt with camera presets for saturation, contrast etc. to get the look you want to have.

Ben

08-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
I don't think your conclusion hits the point. Your examples are poorly focused. That is the main issue. The fence is sharp, not the kid, the blinds are in focus, not the kids. That is the issue, you should address.
I agree with Ben, focus is off. Until that's resolved, you won't have sharp photos. How is your auto-focus set? Are you letting the camera choose the focal point, or are you doing it? I use either Center Focus and Recompose or manual focus. I would never let the camera choose the focus point, and moving the focus point around to various locations seems a waste of time to me.

Note, it is possible that your lens or camera is back-focussing. That needs to be eliminated as a possibility. I like this chart for checking AF: http://focustestchart.com/focus21.pdf

I would also go into each of the three K-7 menus and reset to factory defaults. That should bring back some punch to your photos. If you don't like the look, customize the Image Tone settings for contrast, sharpness and saturation until you are happy with the result.

Keep the shutter speeds high with moving kids.
03-22-2013, 04:36 AM   #48
Inactive Account

Update on the poor focus

I hadn't been back on here recently, but I wanted to let you all know about my K-7 camera. I kept messing with it and trying various things, but the pictures were never as sharp as I thought they should be. I didn't think it was me, because I had never had an issue with my *istDS. I finally shipped it off to be checked out / repaired and they found that it has a severe back focusing issue. The camera store had to send it back to Pentax for repair. I am relieved to find out that I am not going crazy, but bummed that it is out of warranty and I am going to have to pay for the repair. I believe it has been like this since I purchased it, however, it *is* out of warranty. I am thankful I kept my *istDS so I'm not relegated to using my camera phone or point and shoot all the time because they thought it would take 3-4 weeks for repair.
03-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Michele85 Quote
I hadn't been back on here recently, but I wanted to let you all know about my K-7 camera. I kept messing with it and trying various things, but the pictures were never as sharp as I thought they should be. I didn't think it was me, because I had never had an issue with my *istDS. I finally shipped it off to be checked out / repaired and they found that it has a severe back focusing issue. The camera store had to send it back to Pentax for repair. I am relieved to find out that I am not going crazy, but bummed that it is out of warranty and I am going to have to pay for the repair. I believe it has been like this since I purchased it, however, it *is* out of warranty. I am thankful I kept my *istDS so I'm not relegated to using my camera phone or point and shoot all the time because they thought it would take 3-4 weeks for repair.
Thatīs nice for you, congratulations. Regards