Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hegedus Quote
Yes, you are right Marc, I do like a little bit cooler colors. Sometimes I have a feeling that my pictures have some kind of yellow/brown layer that I should remove. When I print my pictures at local photo studio, they all look ok to me, just like on my monitor.
Also, #2 picture is the best example of my problem
Agreed; as I said it's the only one where I'd have messed with it.

QuoteQuote:
Just one more thing - so K-x behaves about the same like K10D in determining auto WB?
I don't have either camera so I can't say. I'd just be wary of expecting *any* camera to consistently read your mind. I'd also suggest looking into that customizations the cameras provide. My K200D, for example, allows you to customize default behavior of AWB along both the Green-Magenta and Blue-Yellow (Amber) axes. It also allows you to customize the "Hue" setting for each of the picture modes individually (eg, Natural versus Bright). Not nearly as much control using that method - just a single slider that basically shifts everything cooler or warmer - but I suppose it's nice that it allows you to have separate groups of settings for Natural versus bright versus whatever the others are (Vibrant, maybe a couple of others too?).

Anyhow, if your K10D has anything like that, seems a few minutes experimenting with those settings would save you a ton of money if that's really your main reason for considering a new camera.

07-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #32

Thanks Marc, really appreciate your advices. You cleared me a lot of doubts in my head, and made me think of real reasons why I really want/need new camera.
I guess that K10D is much better camera than I am a photographer.