Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #1

Help! KX Pop-up Flash

Hello All,

This past weekend, I took a spill while shooting at an event. Luckily I bypassed my natural instinct to brace my fall and instead, braced my KX for impact. My camera was fine; I can't say the same for my hands and face [haha].

Anywho, the next day, I fired a few shots [some with the pop-up flash] just to make sure everything was in working order; success. I popped the flash back down and put the camera away.

Now, regardless of shotting mode, my flash will NOT pop up- even when I press the button.

Where do I go from here? I am somewhat experienced in doing minor at-home repairs. Is this the kind of thing that I might be able to fix on my own? Or is my best bet to take advantage of the warranty and send it In? My assumption is the latter but I wanted to get a second opinion before jumping to conclusions.

Thanks in advance,
Pat

05-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
TAP

Original Poster
Alllllllllllllllllrighty, I guess I'll be sending it in.
05-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would highly suggest sending it in. It sounds like the actual release lever (not the flash button itself) is not activating when you press the flash button, so unless you can take the camera apart to get to that lever and feel comfortable doing it, I would let Pentax do it, because if for some reason Pentax can't do it or messes up they will replace it. If you try to do it and are unsucessful, that will void the warrenty.