Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #16
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Does it happen with every lens or only certain lenses?

05-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
maybe the shutter speed was just too high?
happened to me once, my shutter speed was high,
and upon pressing the shutter button it took 2 photos.
08-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #18

Aha!! it's not just me.

I just had to call short a sunset shoot because my k-x did this.

It started doing it a month or so back - initially, I thought it was completely black, then realised when I pulled the DNGs into CS3 that it was just very, very underexposed.

Only seems to happen on power on for me - if the first shot is okay, all of the shots are okay till I power off.

I *thought* I could make it stop by popping the SD card with the camera on (that seemed to work the last 2 times) but that didn't work tonight.

I get this, irrespective of selected program, manual, auto whatever, and none of the metering settings seem to make any difference - I can put the camera in manual, 6400 ISO, Throw the aperture wide open, and the picture is still almost black.

Might need to get it serviced (again, sigh).
08-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #19
Forum Member

It sounds like the OP had this problem right away.

Theo, did yours happen when the camera was new or did it develop over time? Although this does not seem to be a common problem, I want to test mine as soon as it arrives in about 10 days.

08-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #20

This developed after time for me.

My k-x had to be repaired by Pentax because of a drop onto asphalt but has been fine since - apart from this issue, which has only just appeared.

Time to try out the whole 'global' warranty, as I bought my k-x in Australia, and now live in Scotland!!
10-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #21
moniuch

Hi,
An old topic, but anyway... The AF/MF setting has nothing to do with that behavior. I hope you were aware though, that Kx shutters twice when in LV (Live View) mode. Hopefully this was the reason and you did not have to return the goodie.
M.
10-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #22

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by moniuch Quote
Hi,
An old topic, but anyway... The AF/MF setting has nothing to do with that behavior. I hope you were aware though, that Kx shutters twice when in LV (Live View) mode. Hopefully this was the reason and you did not have to return the goodie.
M.
With regards to this, does anyone know why in Movie mode, sometimes the mirror decides to flip when starting/ending a recording, while at other times it doesn't?