Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2010, 11:56 AM   #1

Converter for D-BC90 battery charger-Europe

I have a Pentax battery charger D-BC90 that I'll be taking to Italy. The charger itself is marked "100V-240V" but the detachable cord is marked "125V, 7A" on a big white tag.

Will I need a converter in Italy? I have the adapter.

Thanks!

05-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You will not need a converter, as 100-240V will work in 99% of all countries worldwide, definitely in all of Europe.

About the cable: 7A current is ok, as with the European Voltage the current will be only about half of what it would be in the US. The insulation is specified for 125V only, which is nominally too low, but personally I would not worry too much about that.

The adapter: if it is US --> "Euro" plug, it will work in hotels and most private houses in all of Europe. If it is US --> "L"-Type (Italian special), it is ok in Italian hotels and newer private houses; in older private houses, no one can tell. They still use a mixed bunch of old standards with adapters even for their own equipment.
See AC power plugs and sockets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But don't worry, in any real town you would get the needed adapter, and usually they are very helpful.
06-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks so much. This was really helpful!