Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mymage Quote
Hi, i want to know your opinion on the possibility to add a metering method in the DSLR camera: using the flexibility of the software update, it will be easy to insert a multi spot mean measuring method accessible via menu. This method works in these way: setting the spot metering method the camera get a reading every time you half shot the shooting button and memorize it. After a series of readings (than can be theoretically much but in practice I think 10 are enough ) the camera calculate the mean based on the setted exposition method (P, Av, Tv, ecc.).
You can say: "why you don't calculate it manually?". Ok, but why don't use the power of your camera?

By

Stefano
Olympus figured that out for the OM series of their cameras a zillion years ago. Many photographers really appreciated the design, but I guess not enough. I can see uses for it.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, mean, method, multi, multi spot, photography, spot