Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2010, 04:40 AM   #1

K100D Blurry Images

Hi guys
I have a K100D that I am about to sell for parts because of the problem it is having.
It appears to have a software problem with the sensor over compensating for movement.

Shots are fine and focused through the view finder, but every shot, from every lens comes out blurry. The blur is 10x worse if I have anti-shake turned on.
Anyone else ever encounter this problem? Is there a fix, or am I screwed?
(Been thinking hard about a K-x, and wouldn't be terribly heart broken if I "HAD" to get a new body.)
Thanks in advance for your replies.

06-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds more like a HW problem than a SW problem to me. Software does not change its behaviour unless hardware dies on what it is stored (CPU board). This might cause a bit in the software to fall over (not very likely) in which case you can try to re-flash the firmware (if at all possible).; but it will stay a weak point.
As you refer to the SR making it worse, I however think that the SR electronics are faulty reporting the sensor position incorrectly.

I think it's time to say goodbye to your old friend.
06-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Assuming it worked before and stopped, I'd suspect it is indeed toast. But it wouldn't hurt to post samples.
06-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Is it out of focus or blurry?
There are times when these two descriptions are confused.
Blurry would be more of a motion thing and it would be that the SR is doing something it isn't..but if it is just out of focus each time, then I suppose it can be calibrated.

06-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #5

Original Poster
definitely blurry....it's like someone is shaking the camera when the picture is taken.
Will post pics soon...