Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax camera usae in Flickr

Flickr is collecting data on # of photo per camera type.

I propose that you go and look at this. Strangley, the # look very similar than the lens survey that was on the »Pentax forum

One major point is that the K-X is growing at a rapid paste

I am making no others conclusion on this statistical data

If you click on each of the camera you can see some yearly and last year characteristic.
If you click on the K10D, you will see that it's seem a lot of the owner are upgrading

Flickr: Camera Finder: Pentax

Hope you enjoy

06-03-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Flickr is collecting data on # of photo per camera type.
K-x has been there for a while:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/87609-k-x-gets-camera-...ge-flickr.html

But it is going to take a while for the K-x numbers to get up towards any of the more established Pentax models.
06-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

look at the D90 here !

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
K-x has been there for a while:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/87609-k-x-gets-camera-...ge-flickr.html

But it is going to take a while for the K-x numbers to get up towards any of the more established Pentax models.

Flickr: Camera Finder: Nikon
06-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is not just the Performance of the D90 that warrants attention, but look at the relitive number of posts between the nikon and pentax.

Clearly there are a lot more nikon shooters posting.

I wonder how the flickr results compare to known camera production/sales?

06-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Because Flickr is open to everybody, I believe the ratio is pretty good and is good indication of spread between brand and model
06-05-2010, 03:13 AM   #6
Veteran Member

what is most interesting aspect is even though kx sold very well, sony's a200 still doing better than kx.

And someone on other forum suggesting that sony has been failure.

In favour of kx though the graph shows increasing trend and hence still not peaked.
06-05-2010, 03:43 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
what is most interesting aspect is even though kx sold very well, sony's a200 still doing better than kx.

And someone on other forum suggesting that sony has been failure.

In favour of kx though the graph shows increasing trend and hence still not peaked.
A200 was announced 28 months ago in jan. 2008, the K-x 8 months ago in sept. 2009. That's a full 20 months ahead of the K-x! A200 has already reached its peak and is slowly declining, K-x is still raising.

What's interesting is that the K10D is still the most popular Pentax camera to date. It was also for a long time the top winning camera at POTD (POTD Statistics -- photographyvoice.com).

06-05-2010, 04:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
A200 was announced 28 months ago in jan. 2008, the K-x 8 months ago in sept. 2009. That's a full 20 months ahead of the K-x! A200 has already reached its peak and is slowly declining, K-x is still raising.
Good point and i kinda expecting this reply from someone.
But here are other things:

1. A200 is not the only camera sony put in market, in fact after that they put a350/a300 with their very good implementation of liveview.

Why are these people not buying newer better cams??

2. A200 does not have liveview, does not have video etc. Two of the two big selling points of todays cam.

Anyway kx is picking up.

What's interesting is that the K10D is still the most popular Pentax camera to date. It was also for a long time the top winning camera at POTD (POTD Statistics -- photographyvoice.com).

Wasn't k10 was also launched long time ago.

I liked k10d though. It has the best feel so far among pentaxes i have hold (subjective thing).
06-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
1. A200 is not the only camera sony put in market, in fact after that they put a350/a300 with their very good implementation of liveview.

Why are these people not buying newer better cams??
If I remember correctly the A200 was sold very cheap, in fact it was one of the cheapest camera at that time and it had a really good set of features for the price. I think the newer APS-C models from Sony are flops because their ergonomics suck, they're ugly and they don't have video (important in this market).
06-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #10
Veteran Member

If I remember correctly the A200 was sold very cheap, in fact it was one of the cheapest camera at that time and it had a really good set of features for the price. I think the newer APS-C models from Sony are flops because their ergonomics suck, they're ugly and they don't have video (important in this market).

mostly i agree with you here. A200 was definitely cheap and more it was nice cam.

About ergos though, the newer cams this was a big problem. But their old model and their serious models like a900 and a700 ergos i think are not any issue.
in fact people like it very much there. (here by people i mean those who use these cams).

with pentax and sony i never had to grope for buttons to take pictures. Even with entirely new model in hands it take exactly 1 minute to figure out how to shoot.
This one thing i can not say about nikon though, i took my friends nikon and i had to ask him about how to take photos with it. (but then if nikon users like it then its good).