Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-09-2010, 09:05 PM - 1 Like   #16

Photos: Gallery
If you care to read the K-x manual page 111:

"When you take your finger off the shutter release button during Exposure Bracketing, the exposure setting will remain effective for twice as much time as the exposure metering timer (default setting is approx. 20 seconds) (p.106) and you can take a picture at the next compensation value. In this case, auto focusing works for each frame. After about twice as much time as the exposure metering timer elapses, the camera returns to settings for taking the first picture."

So it is not a bug. If this bugs you then simply set the Meter Operating Time (see page 106) to very short time like 1 or 2 seconds. No matter what the metering time is set, you can always take the auto bracketing in whole with one long press and hold.

It's also explained in the same page, that when you use auto bracketing with flash, the flash might need some time to recharge before it can take the next compensation shot, so it's recommended to take the shot one by one while making sure the flash is ready before every shot.

So rather than a bug, it's a well thought feature which, according to you, other cams do not have. IIRC, my *istDS works exactly the same way, not sure about K20D because I don't have access to my cameras right now.

06-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #17
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Why? it should reset by default
Right after they fix that folder-naming thing that's bugging you, Pentax will get right to work on this bug....

Greg
06-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #18
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sajah-excellent job of explaining it!

I'm impressed!

Thanks for teaching us all something!
06-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #19

You're welcome

06-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Sometime I only take one picture (instead of three) by releasing the shutter while cam is in bracketing mode.
There might be an option in the custom menu to adjust the bracket feature to take all 3 on one press, or one press each.